22. How they met

Author's POV
Flashback to 600 years,

Author's POVFlashback to 600 years,

''Here.'' Yeon said handing a puppy to little Rang.
''Oh, im so excited !''
''Give him a lot of love and take good care of him okay ?''
''Ye hyung !'' Saying that Rang sprinted off and played with the puppy in the open fields. The breeze was soft and cool, and the grass and trees swayed beautifully creating a picturesque scenery.
''Good boy, run faster.'' Rang said running after the pup while Yeon watched them from a distance happily.

Meanwhile,

''How's it down there ?'' Yeon asked a man dressed in beautiful robes. He looked like a man of noble status.
''Thanks to your grace it's been peaceful. But the king--'' The man paused as he saw his daughter staring at Yeon with wide eyes.
''Ahjussi, are you really a gumiho ?'' The little girl spoke with twice her heights confidence making Yeon amused.
''You shouldn't speak like that. Apologize to----'' The father spoke only to get interrupted by Yeon.
''Its alright. Yes. Im a gumiho and the mountain spirit of this land baekdudaegan. Aren't you afraid of me ?''
''No. I haven't done anything wrong to be afraid of you. Appa told me you punish bad people and maintain law and order on this land.''
''Wow. You're very intelligent. Rang and you would make great friends.''

As if Rang was just waiting for the sequence he runs up to Yeon.

''Hyung, I suddenly remembered we haven't named the pup---'' Rang stops mid sentence as he suddenly notices the presence of two people in front of him. One of them was the older man and the other was his daughter probably the same age as Rang.
She was beautiful. Her chubbed cheeks, big eyes and a beautiful smile adorned her face. Rang's cheeks felt hot. They had turned into a reddish tint which was more than visible.

''Oh Rang-a. Right, Seok min-ssi, he's my younger brother. Rang, he's Seok min-ssi, he helps me administer baekdudaegan in different ways.''
Yeon says to clear any confusion in the both of their minds.
''Annyeonghaseyo.'' Rang gives a bow to Seok min and steals glances of the girl.

''Would you want to play with Rang a bit ? Me and your appa have some things to talk about. You'll get bored.'' Yeon said looking at the younger girl to which the girl nodded.
She went along with Rang as he contemplated how to start a conversation with her. Pulling himself together, continuously reminding him that 'It's me ! I can do it.' He finally asks the girl,

''What's your name ?''
''Y/n. What about you ?''
''Lee rang.''
''That's a beautiful name.''
''Thanks.'' Now it felt like he was more comfortable with her, so he spoke again,
''Are you a fox too ?''
''Aniya, im a human. But I've seen quite some creatures now.''

''You've seen others ? What kind of ?''
''Im friends with a few forest spirits & I've also seen a ghost.'' The girl said casually.
''That is why you weren't scared after meeting hyung and me.''
''Do you like puppies ?''
''Yeah. I love them.''
'''What's his name ?'' Y/n asks pointing towards Rang's dog.
''I haven't named him yet.''
''I have a name in mind.''