31. I want her

Author's POV

Shin ju lied on the couch in his vet clinic while Yeon sat in front of him passing him a bottle of water.

''Where's Ms. Nam ?'' Shin ju asked.
''She has dinner plans.''
''You don't need to go ?''
''She went with her colleagues. She said she'll meet with me later.''

''Are you really in pain or are you overreacting ?'' Yeon asked as Shin was ordering him around to do things.
''Im hurt physically and emotionally.'' Shin ju says getting dramatic.
''See ? What did I tell you ? I said that necklace thief was suspicious.''
''Stop calling her a thief. She has a nice name, Yuri.'' Shin ju debated with Yeon which he rarely does.
''Whatever her name is, she used you because Rang put her up to it.''
''We had a bad start. That's all. We got a 99.''

''What ? What's 99 ?'' Yeon asked confused.
''Look.'' Shin ju said passing a notebook to Yeon.
''It's a marital compatibility test using names.''
''Wow. You really went this far, huh ?''
''Can you feed the dog while the chicken we ordered arrives ?''
''Fine. Whose dog is it anyway ? When are they going to take him.''
''Yuri said her friend would come and take him. Her saviours girlfriend--'' Shin ju abruptly stops as he realises everything.

''No way don't tell me, woah.'' Shin ju gasps.
''What happened ?''
''Does that mean y/n ?''
''Of course, who else. Don't tell me you couldn't make that out until now.''
''My life is a lie, Mr. Lee.''

Y/n POV

I left the president's house early saying something 'important' came up while everyone else stayed. And now i'm at this cafe having my favourite belgian chocolate chip pastry while Rang just stares at me non-stop. Honestly, I noticed his stare just a few seconds ago cause my mind was still at the second floor room's door. But because it's Rang, I'll bet on this pastry that he's been gazing at me ever since I entered.

''What is it ?'' I ask keeping the fork in my hand back on the small glass plate.
''What ?'' He asked not moving his gaze from my face.
''What are you thinking about looking at me ?''
''Why would I think when im looking at you ? I think about you when you're not in front of my eyes.''

Stop, stupid heart. You can't beat so loudly, he's a gumiho, he'll hear it.

''What are you thinking about ?''
''Me ? Nothing.''
''You must have a lot of questions on your mind.''
''There are.... Whose nail could it be ?''
''Nail ?''
''He said he lives alone and his wife passed away a decade ago, so who ?''
''Excuse me, Earth to y/n ? What language are you speaking ?'' Oh no, my mind wandered off again.
''Nothing. Nothing. '' I waved my hand in the air and I noticed something.

''Rang what happened to your hands ?'' His knuckles were busted.
''Did someone... No, did you beat someone up ?''
''Eh, hehe.'' He gave a nervous laughter. Ofcourse.
''Get up let's go.''
''Where ?''
''To a chemist.''

I held his hand and walked with him to the nearby chemist and got some antiseptic and bandages.
We sat on the bench of a nearby park.

''Give me your hand.'' I said and he complied. I applied the antiseptic first and put on the bandages. I could feel his intense gaze on my face.

''Don't do this.''
''What ?''
''If you keep on doing things like these, I wont be able to hold myself back anymore.'' He said his eyes unwavering from my face.

''Rang, Im sorry but I can't give you any answer now. Cause I myself don't know how I feel about you. Today Do hwa asked me if I liked you. I couldn't come to say that I did.'' He looked down as I paused after saying this.