43. The seogyeong traitor

Author's POV

''Never in my life have I seen a body like this before. I couldn't sleep all night due to the images that kept flashing before my eyes.'' Detective Baek said standing on the opposite side of the body kept in front of them.

''So you guys found this yesterday night ?'' Y/n asked as detective Baek nodded a yes.
''Is it a real mummy ?'' Ji ah asked.
''See it for yourself but no filming.'' Detective said looking at Terry who was ready to cover the moment with his camera.

''The corpse is too dry to get a viable fingerprint anyway.'' Y/n spoke up.
''We need to know the details if we want people to call us with tips. When have we ever published anything without your permission ?'' Ji ah joined.
''The disappearance of all those island people--''
''Okay fine.'' Detective Baek gave up as he bent forward to lower the white cloth covering the body to reveal the face.

It looked horrific. Like they were in a horror movie or something.

''Has the body been drained out of blood ?'' Y/n asked pulling herself together after the sight.
''Think of a tree that's been drained of all its sap.'' Detective said.

''No visible trauma.'' Ji ah noted down.
''She was found at a construction sight ?'' Ji ah asked.
''The workers found her and it seems like no one bothered to bury her.'' Detective answered.
''So it wasn't put there to be hidden but to be put on display ?'' Y/n asked suspecting.

''What if she died of a natural cause ? There's a chance that she could've died of dehydration at an abandoned sight.'' Detective Baek said.
''A body that died of natural causes was once found in Gyeonggi province in 2002.'' Terry spoke up.
''I remember that. The woman from Papyong yoon clan.'' Y/n said.
''The woman from the Papyong yoon clan was buried under stones that were as thick as concrete.'' Ji ah added.

''The stone sealed the air from getting in. The body didn't decay because the air had been removed.'' Terry enlightened the detective.
''This couldn't have happened if the body was exposed to air like at the construction sight.'' Ji ah added.
''Are you saying someone did this to her ?'' Baek asked but everyone's attention was drawn to y/n who was staring at the body's finger nails.

''Y/n, are you here with us ?'' Ji ah asked pulling y/n out of her thoughts.
''Detective Baek, I have to go.'' Y/n said leaving the room without any other word.
''Y/n ! Y/n wait !'' Ji ah called after her.
''Detective Baek, im leaving. Give everything on this case to him.'' Ji ah said pointing to Terry as she too rushed out of the room.
''What happened to these two ?'' Leaving detective Baek confused.

At the Office,

Y/n rushes to her cabin as she starts looking for something desperately.

''What happened y/n, why'd you rush out from there ?'' Ji ah asked huffing from the run.
''Did you see her nails ?'' Y/n asks still shuffling through her belongings.
''Not yet, why ?''
''She had her index finger nail missing.''
''So ?''
''The rest of the nails....... Looked exactly like this.'' Y/n said pulling the fake nail from her drawer and showing it to Ji ah.

''What the hell.....'' Ji ah exclaims.
''This is the same nail that you showed me a few days ago. That you found at....''
''The president's house.'' Y/n completed.
''Ji ah, you know I have exceptionally good instinctual vibes right ?''
''I have had quite some incidents with you on that. Why ?''
''I have a really wild instinct telling me that the president has something to do with the Seogyeong traitor.''
''Do you mean he can be related ?''
''Or worse...... What if he's the Seogyeong traitor ?''

Ji ah was now put in a predicament. She felt like she couldn't trust anything. She started walking off towards the elevator while Y/n kept calling her name.