17. Trip down memory lane

Author's POV

''What ?'' Y/n asks getting back to her senses.
''Y/n ?''
''What are you doing here ?'' Y/n asks.
''Are you alright ?'' Rang was really worried looking at y/n.
''Yeah, I guess.''
''What are you doing here ?''
''I lost my way.''
''This place is not safe for you, let's go.'' Rang held y/n's arm gently and walked away from the well towards a tree until y/n hissed in pain.

''What happened are you hurt anywhere--'' Rang's gaze suddenly travels through y/n's palms that were covered in blood.
''What happened to you ? How'd this happen ?'' He asked in one breath.
''I don't know, when this.....'' Y/n did not remember how she got the wounds from the thorns on the well.
''Sit down.'' Rang said helping her sit below the tree.

''Ouch.''
''Are you hurt somewhere else too ?''
''Yeah, my feet. I fell.''
''Seriously y/n, how can you be so careless ? You tripped, you're drenched, and you've hurt your hands so badly. What were you even thinking about ?'' Rang went ranting on and on taking a look at her wounds. His words didn't seem angered but were filled with genuine care and worry for y/n.

 His words didn't seem angered but were filled with genuine care and worry for y/n

''Give me your hand.'' He said, y/n hesitated a bit.
''Trust me.'' He said. Y/n did so. He took her hand in his, and soon faint golden light started coming from the gaps of the hold. And when y/n looked at her hand it was all healed.
''Woah, how'd you do that ?'' Y/n asked surprised.
''I can't do a lot like yeon, but I have my ways.'' He said smirking. He then heals her feet too.

Y/n tries getting up and she could walk just fine.
''How do you feel ?'' He asks still worried.
''Perfectly fine. Like nothing happened. Thank you, Rang. I can call you that, right ?'' Y/n said smiling.
''Yeah of course ! Great, let's go.''
''No, I can't go yet. I have to look for Ji ah. She doesn't know the way out.''
''They're not here. They've already left.''
''They ? Yeon was here too ? How'd you know ?''
''I saw them leave while coming here.''
''Then they must have gone to Pyung hee's.''
''I know the way out. Lets go.''

Y/n agreed and they started walking when y/n felt shivers. She was drenched because of the rain and it was a cold night. The forest breeze blew strongly. She rubbed her hands as if it would help her get through the cold when suddenly she feels something on her shoulders. It was Rang's coat.

''It's cold. You'll get sick.'' He said putting the coat on y/n. She was surprised by his behaviour but she appreciated it.
''Thank you.'' She said slowly.

They kept on walking. It was silent as Rang kept glancing at y/n. Everytime he saw her he couldn't believe that she was right beside him. He wanted time to stop. Just like that. Him and Y/n captivated in that moment itself.
When y/n broke the silence and his continuous staring,

''What are you looking at ?'' Y/n asked making Rang immediately look to the other side.
''Nothing.'' He replied in a low tone.
''Can I ask you something ?'' Y/n asked & Rang nodded.
''Why do you always help me ?''
''What ?''
''From what i've seen you're always distant to everybody else, even your own brother. And you dont care about people who don't mean anything to you. So why me ?''
''Blunt as always.'' Rang whispered. If only he could tell her how much she means to him.
''Or is it just me who is thinking too much on things and it's just a coincidence that you---''
''It's not a coincidence. Its fate. And I dont help or save you because I want something from you. I just want you to be safe. I dont want you to get hurt. Ever.'' Y/n just looked at him. Why would he want that for her ? She's just a stranger to him.