44. I like someone else

Author's POV

''You'll let everyone go if I give up my body ? Ji ah, her parents and even Rang ?'' Yeon asked the Imoogi.
''I'd like the entire package but just the heart will also do.'' The Imoogi replied.
''Are you serious ?''
''I am.''
''So what is it ? A yes or no ?'' The Imoogi asked expecting an answer.
''I.... I..... I don't want to.''
''Why not ?''
''Because you seem like the type to go back on a deal. I dont do business with those kinds. I'll personally free them all from your grip.''
''Then enjoy trampling on those you treasure.''
''I know this isn't appropriate to ask, but why did you come back ? As if anyone would welcome the symbol of calamity, plague and war.'' Yeon aksed curious.

''If you're asking my view of the world, I dont have one. All I wanted was one thing. Your woman. But my interests have suddenly changed. I dont want her anymore. Sorry to disappoint you, but I like someone else.'' The imoogi reveals.
''Who are you referring to ?'' Yeon asks doubting he already knows the answer to his own question.
''You dont need to know. About your woman, I would have discarded her long back since she's useless to me now.'' The Imoogi mocks.
''How dare you ?!'' Yeon throws a punch at him but they teleport back to the street they were at first.

''Thats enough. I just wanted to test your power.''
''For me, this is just the beginning.'' Yeon says, his eyes glowing red. He started summoning his powers. It started thundering as some large black clouds made their way towards them.

''I want to die. Now.'' The imoogi said in a low tone and in no matter of seconds someone jumps from the terrace of the building near them catching yeon's attention as he looked around to see the chaos that emerged just at a small whisper by the Imoogi. Cars crashed as people hypnotized, walked in front of the vehicles. It was as if someone was controlling them. Everyone went sucidal.

Yeon tries saving them but there was only so much he could do alone. He looks back to find the Imoogi gone.

At Hae Ryeong's cabin,

Ji ah clenched her fist against her chest trying to cope up with the sudden immense pain that she was feeling, while y/n tried to help her.

''Ji ah, are you alright ?'' Y/n asked worried.
''Do you feel it ?'' Hae Ryeong asked making a maniac face.
''What are you doing to her ?'' Y/n yelled at Hae Ryeong.
''I dont need to do anything to her. She can feel it. I knew she was connected to him.''
''What ?'' Y/n asked confused-angry.
''You're his shell Ji ah.''

''Just stop it ! You're also human. Why are you doing this ?'' Y/n asked now in a pleading voice, she couldn't get Ji ah hurt because of him.
''Im human. So I dont want to die, and I have so many desires.''
''Was committing treason not enough for you ?''
''All I did was dream of a new world after having been born as a low life. My kids, wife and mother. All I wanted to do was to make sure they eat proper food. But they called it treason and threatened to behead me. And that's when I met him.''
''Im sure it wasn't for free. What did you have to give in return for being able to stay alive ?'' Ji ah spoke now feeling stabled.

''My wife, kids & mother. I offered my family to Imoogi and was able to live in return.''
''You're crazy.''
''You must lose something in order to gain something.''
''So you want me to sell Yeon out ? You want me to become someone like you ?''
''The choice is yours Ji ah. Here, one drop of this will be enough for you to put him to sleep.'' He said handing a vial to Ji ah.

Meanwhile,
Lee rang was walking down the street disturbed by Granny's words. It wasn't the first time he'd heard warnings like those but he'd be lying if he said that they didnt scare him each time.

He was dazed in his thoughts when a lot of Ambulances passing by with a loud siren caught his attention.

''Imoogi, that scumbag. What in the world did he do now ?'' He talked to himself then pulled out his phone to call Y/n.