36. The spirit of darkness

A/N

I'd recommend you to play the song during the starting and ending scenes of this chapter which consists of Rang and Yeon's scenes. Hope it will add more emotion to the story.

Author's POV,

''I don't need your help.'' Rang said slapping Yeon's hand aside.
''Now is not the time to be arrogant.''
''You are not him. Yeon wouldn't come to save me. Show me proof that you're Yeon.''
''Proof ? Like my social security number ?'' Yeon and Rang went on as the spirits started to hover near them.

'' ''Proof ? Like my social security number ?'' Yeon and Rang went on as the spirits started to hover near them

''Jwibulnori on the night of the first full moon. After having fun with flames, you wet the bed. I called you this for three years.''
''Shut it.''
''Bedwetter.'' Yeon exclaimed as the both of them charged towards the spirits, attacking them and at the same time running away like their life depended on it, cause it did.

''They just wont die. When did they get this stronger ?'' Rang said huffing and striking his blade.
''Maybe we've gotten weaker.''
''As if.'' Rang scoffed.

''Forget the fighting not even the wind will shift.'' Yeon said tired of all the fighting.
''Are your powers not working ?''
''Where could we actually be ?'' Yeon asked slitting the throat of a spirit.
''Isn't it obvious ? Forest of the starved.''
''Are we really ?''

Meanwhile,
Ji ah was also experiencing something like this. She was in the same car accident she was, during her childhood in which she lost her parents. Two people were watching everything happen with her from a distance. The Imoogi and the green tracksuit lady aka The spirit of darkness.

''Im surprised. I really thought he would come for the girl.'' The spirit of darkness said referring to Yeon.
''But he went to his brother. So much for being at each others throats.'' She added.
''A mountain spirit isn't an easy opponent.'' The imoogi spoke.
''Sorry ?''
''Even at this moment he's challenging me.''
''Are you saying, he chose his brother on purpose.''
''He probably figured it out. That this isn't just a test for these two, but a test for him as well.''

At the office,
Sae rom, Tae suk, and Jae hwan were sitting together talking about something with a serious look on their faces.

''You've got to be kidding me. How did the juice lady know that I was afraid of planes ?'' Tae suk said slamming his hands in disbelief on the table.
''Is that for real ?'' Sae rom said surprised.
''What happens if you do ?'' Asked Jae hwan.
''I suddenly go out of breath and sweat excessively. Once I put on the seat belt, I black out.''
''What did the juice lady say to you ?''
''She asked me what I feared the most.'' Tae suk said.
''What do you fear the most ? Could it be....'' Sae rom realised something as she clicked her fingers on the keyboard.
''My gosh.'' Jae hwan threw his head back.''
''What is it ?'' Tae suk asked confused of his juniors reactions.

''There's a similar urban legend floating around the internet.'' Jae hwan says showing Tae suk an article from his phone on the internet.
''Who knows about the juice lady ?'' Tae suk read.
''It's similar right ? A lady hands you a juice box and asks what you fear the most.'' Jae hwan says making Tae suk open his mouth agape.
''We think that this urban legend is similar to that of the Hong kong Granny. There's one big difference though. Once captivated by her, you hear a song.''
''A song ?''
''Did you hear it ? It's this one.'' Sae rom said playing the rhyme. It was super creepy and repeated the same lines over and over again.