47. I want to live

Author's POV

''Thank you.'' Rang said in a sweet low voice, his eyes never leaving y/n's face. Whenever he was with her, he spoke truthfully. There was no barrier between them, no illusions or disguises.
''For what ?'' Y/n asked slightly confused.
''For everything.''
''You're making me look bad, then should I start thanking you for everything too ? It will be a very long list. We might have to stay here until morning.'' Y/n said making the gumiho lightly chuckle.

''Thank you for saving me everytime I put myself in danger, thank you for always being there no matter how much I pushed you, thank you for giving me the black jade ring to protect me, & lastly for the wonderful snowfall today.''
''What ? You knew ?''
''Well abrupt climate changes haven't reached that extent yet, thankfully.'' She said making them both pass a short giggle.

''Y/n speaking of the ring, where is it ? I dont see it on your hand.'' Rang spoke making y/n's smile fade.
''Umm, yeah ! Actually I left it at home as I was hurrying here.'' Y/n made up a lie. She didn't wanted to but she also didn't want Rang to worry about the ring when he's already caught up in so much. Given the state she saw Rang in a few minutes ago made her conclude and come to the decision of not telling Rang the truth.

At Yeon's,

''The CEO was the accomplice of the mummy case ?'' Jae hwan asked slurping on some noodles. Him and Sae rom literally invaded Yeon's place to meet Ji ah.

''Yeah, Y/n and I confronted him. She had found a nail on the 'restricted' second floor the day we went there for dinner. The nail matched the mummy found at the construction site. We showed him that and he admitted everything.'' Ji ah spoke her mouth stuffed with side dishes.

''Why dont you call the cops ?'' Jae hwan asked dumbly.
''And say what ? That our CEO is from Goryeo ? And that he's a follower of Imoogi and goes around killing people ? You think they'll believe that ?'' Sae rom spoke sense.

''Are you sure he graduated from the best university in korea ?'' Yeon mocked Jae hwan.
''He's a nice guy.'' Ji ah assured Yeon. Sae rom and Jae hwan weren't even listening to the two as they were busy chomping on the delicacies in front of them.

''Btw, Ji ah. Did that traitor say anything to y/n ? A threat or warning to her of any kind ?'' Yeon asked in a low voice.
''No. That madman was so into talking nonsense, he didnt say anything of that sort to her. Now that you mentioned, he seemed unbothered by the fact that y/n knew about his truth. He was infact harmless to her.'' Ji ah stated confused.

''That is what disturbs me. Why would he let y/n do whatever she wants all the time ? He isn't someone so careless to just leave evidence somewhere where she could see.'' Yeon muttered placing his chop sticks between his lips as he tried to find answers to the question in front of him.
''Maybe, because of Rang he cant do anything to her. What else could be the reason ?''

At Hae Ryeong,

''I'll do it.'' Rang said facing Hae Ryeong. He had dropped Y/n home a few minutes ago as he left again, assuring the worried girl that he felt better.

''What made you change your mind ?'' Hae Ryeong asked taking a seat in his velvet chair.
''I want to live.'' Rang simply replied.
''Do you really think you can take out your brothers heart ?''
''You can take out his heart. I'll lure him to you.'' Rang spoke with an emotion less face.
''You have such a tender heart. Here take this.'' Hae Ryeong handed a vial to Rang similar to the one he gave away to Ji ah.
''And lure Yeon to the location I tell you to. From now on we'll be moving together. You can sleep here tonight.''

The next morning,
At office,

''So what are you and Yeon gonna do about it ?'' Y/n asked as she walked with Ji ah to the company's cafeteria.
''We actually have something in mind. I'll tell you later.'' Ji ah replies as she spots Sae rom, Jae hwan and Terry on a table sitting together.