.03

So how did Taehyung come to be head over heels for Jungkook? Well... it started sophomore year for Taehyung. Jungkook was just a freshman but the thing was, he was quite smart for his age. He passed his classes with flying colors and because of that, they moved Jungkook up a grade and that's where Taehyung really fell for Jungkook. Jungkook was a quiet boy at first... sweet and gentle. The boy wouldn't hurt a fly but Taehyung never really got to know Jungkook.

Why? Because Jungkook got a girlfriend almost immediately and they surprisingly lasted through sophomore to senior year. The beginning of senior year that is and when they broke up? Taehyung still didn't have a chance because the moment Jungkook became single was the moment Jungkook came out of his shell. His shy and sweet self from sophomore year was long gone by the time Taehyung really wanted to know Jungkook. After so Jungkook just began... exploring himself in different people if you will.

They did have some sweet moments during projects but never enough for the two to really become friends. When Taehyung did try to approach Jungkook, the boy dismissed Taehyung. Though it was their last year of high school and Taehyung didn't want to have any regrets and so he... made a card for Jungkook writing everything he noticed, liked, and even loved about Jungkook which was corny, really corny but Taehyung thought... now or never right? And if he was being honest... he loved his idea of coming to Jungkook about his feelings.

Until Jungkook read the entire card out loud in front of Taehyung in the hallway. Taehyung wasn't even aware Jungkook was behind him until he heard the first sentence coming from Jungkook's mouth. Embarrassing to say the least but Taehyung didn't need to worry about going back to school, why? Well the following day, the dead just wouldn't stay dead. Taehyung had to admit the timing couldn't have been better.

"He's gone." Jungkook came into view and broke Taehyung out of his thoughts. Furrowing his eyebrows, Taehyung opened his mouth to speak but Jungkook continued. "Broke through the back window but left a fair amount of blood. They sent out guys to find him so we need to find him before they do." Jungkook talked as he grabbed out the weapons from his bag. "We?" Taehyung repeated as he grabbed his katana that Jungkook handed him. Strapping his gun to his waist, Jungkook looked at Taehyung up and down before chuckling breathlessly.

"Yes, we. Now let's go." Jungkook grabbed Taehyung's arm and pulled him along. "Alright! Okay, I can walk fine on my own dickhead." Taehyung whisper shouted as he pulled his arm away from Jungkook and walked alongside the boy who rolled his eyes. "You're such a baby." Jungkook whispered back. Though just as the boys started their walk towards the gate, there was yelling heard behind them. "Hey! Jeon! What the fuck do you think you're doing?!" A husky voice was heard which made them both look back and as soon as Jungkook saw the male, he looked at Taehyung.

"Run." And Taehyung didn't need to be told twice as he took off. As Taehyung ran all he heard were gunshots which made him stop running for a moment. Gunshot after gunshot as his eyes widened. The echoes of men screaming and that's when Taehyung took off running again. Pushing through the branches and leaves, Taehyung could barely make out where he was but he knew the dead would hear those shots. Jungkook was dead- he had to be right? And Jimin-

Taehyung couldn't even think about Jimin at that moment because as soon as Jimin popped into his head, Taehyung was falling into a hole. Five? maybe six inches? Taehyung doesn't even remember the fall because the moment he hit the ground, he was out but only for a matter of minutes before he woke up. Another fall? how the fuck was this even possible??Opening his eyes, Taehyung looked at the trees above him. They seemed to be swaying? but... maybe it was just his eyes. Wait- is that Jungkook?

"Taehyung!" The boy yelled for the nth time but it only echoed for Taehyung. "Fucking hell, Taehyung!" Jungkook started to yell a little louder as he got down on the ground and started to reach his hand out. "Taehyung come on!" The boy said in a panic. Blood splattered all over his face and once Taehyung noticed and heard Jungkook, he sat up immediately only to feel the pain in his ankle shooting up his leg. "Mother-" Taehyung fell back down and held his breath.

"You've got to be fucking kidding me-" Taehyung let out a shaky laugh out of shock. The heartbeat in his ankle wasn't a good sign either- why the fuck did he have a heartbeat in his ankle?! "Taehyung grab my hand!" Jungkook tried to get Taehyung's attention but the only thing that caught Taehyung's attention was the blood on his body. It wasn't even his blood.. so where the hell did the blood come from? It didn't take long before Taehyung saw the dead carcasses and dead zombies laying alongside. 

"O-Oh go- oh god oh god-" Taehyung's eyes widened as he grabbed onto the dirt side and tried to pull himself up but his ankle gave up on him as soon as he tried which made him fall back to the ground. "Taehyung- don't panic!" Jungkook tried to reassure Taehyung who laughed at that but again, out of the shock of what was happening. "Don't panic?! I'm in a six foot fucking hole with dead- dead everything! And- And a fucked up ankle and you don't want me to panic!!? Don't tell me what to do! Just go! I don't need your help! Okay! Just- Go!" Taehyung pushed himself up against the wall.

Feeling the tears about to fall, Taehyung shut his eyes and started slowly counting to twenty just to calm himself down. Taehyung couldn't walk like this let alone run. Jimin was gone. It was almost night time and he was nowhere near where he was before. Taehyung needed to get back to Jimin- but- fuck! "Grab my hand Taehyung." Jungkook said calmly this time as he watched Taehyung count. Still though, Taehyung didn't listen which made Jungkook sigh.

Moving a bit closer to the hole, Jungkook took a look around before reaching his hand out more. "Taehyung for the love of god, grab my fucking hand!" The boy yelled since calmly talking to Taehyung wasn't doing anything but once he yelled, Taehyung looked up and was grabbing Jungkook's hand. Though it wasn't because Jungkook was yelling at him. It was because if he wanted any chance to survive, he needed to get out of this stupid hole. Then he was planning to tell Jungkook to just fuck off but- instead Jungkook got down and told Taehyung to jump on his back.

Taehyung was firm on rejecting but Jungkook spoke up before Taehyung did. "You can hate me while on my back. Just get on my back Taehyung." Jungkook sucked on the inner side of his cheek. Luckily Taehyung was not up for fighting and his ankle wasn't going to magically heal up and so he got on Jungkook's back. Making Taehyung carry the duffle bag, Jungkook hiked Taehyung more up on his back before he started rushing through the area they were in but was careful to look out for the feeding holes.

Luckily it looked like Jungkook's little 'group' didn't have enough men to send out and so when Jungkook figured it was clear, he was walking through the area and after an hour of silence, Jungkook finally broke the silence. "... And you said you didn't need my help." The boy scoffed but soon after he lightly chuckled. "I like you better when you don't talk. Let's keep it like that yeah?" Taehyung mumbled behind Jungkook who rolled his eyes but kept his mouth shut for the rest of the walk.