.16

Jungkook had been feeling a bit off for some while now. Just minutes before they found the store he was about to topple over with Jimin but luckily he always brought himself out of that mindset. The moment he got them somewhere to sleep and was gathering things for the night's stay, he started to feel light-headed again. Like his head was spinning as if he was on a ride. Then it would stop- then again it would start until eventually Jungkook just gave in and let himself fall. The moment he hit the floor, he was out of it. The exhaustion got to him along with everything else that was going on.

Not used to doing so much in such a little time. Of course, this was a lifestyle now but he usually was in groups. Not smaller groups like this and it was for sure taking a toll on Jungkook. The hits he got from Kihyun earlier too could have been playing a role. Kihyun was not a weak man and Jungkook was surprised he was able to stand on his feet after being punched by Kihyun. It was like the adrenaline was keeping him up and going and once he knew they were somewhat safe, his body shut down. Leaving Taehyung to deal with his knocked-out self which gave Taehyung a scare for sure. Thinking maybe Jungkook got bit but there were no bite marks evident.

After making sure Jungkook was unharmed, Taehyung let Jimin take care of the rest as Taehyung hurried to block off the entrance and ensure their safety. "Did he eat yesterday?" Jimin asked Taehyung who came back quickly and also hid them in the back room. "Jungkook? I-... I don't know? I don't think so?" Taehyung got on his knees and grabbed a water bottle to help Jimin damp a cloth. Dabbing the cloth along Jungkook's forehead and face. "I haven't seen him eating or drinking water. Do you think he's dehydrated? Hungry? Oh my god, he's starving-" Jimin suddenly realized.

Now that Taehyung thought of it- he never once saw Jungkook eat or drink anything. Taehyung offered Jungkook granola bars and the canned fruit but he would always mutter a 'later'- "Bring the water bottle." Taehyung reached out for the water bottle that Jimin passed over. Slowly tipping the water into Jungkook's mouth. Only tipping enough water for Jungkook to down. Keeping Jungkook's head up while doing so and Jungkook's body was cooperating with them luckily as he gulped down the water, soon opening his eyes lazily to grab the water bottle and down the water in seconds. "Jungkook? hey- when's the last time you ate huh?"

Taehyung lightly slapped Jungkook's cheek to get his attention and it seemed to work as Jungkook groaned lightly and shrugged. "Wanted you two to-" Jungkook tried to finish his words but he only gaged on his wording, feeling like he was about to puke but nothing came out because nothing but the water was in his stomach. "Stupid," Taehyung mumbled as he grabbed one of the other bags filled with their granola bars and some canned fruit. Wasn't the best option but it was better than nothing. Getting rid of the wrapper, Taehyung put the granola bar in Jungkook's mouth. "Eat. Come on, you need to eat a few of these."

Furrowing his eyebrows, Jungkook bit into the granola bar and slowly started to chew. Feeling a little bit better now that got something in his stomach. "Grab a few more Jimin." Taehyung nudged Jimin who was already grabbing a few more granola bars and one of the canned fruits. Jungkook drifted in and out but he was able to eat the fruit and two more granola bars before he completely passed out for the night. Running a fever that Taehyung was managing. Jimin stayed up and helped Taehyung for as long as he could before he unknowingly passed out.

With Jungkook on Taehyung's lap, Taehyung brushed through Jungkook's hair in a comforting manner. Deep in his thoughts until Jungkook started moving around a bit. Opening his eyes and seeing that Taehyung was looking back at him. "Mm- you ok-kay?" Jungkook muttered while closing his eyes, his hand coming up to grab Taehyung's hand that was tangled up in his hair. "Me? I'm great. You on the other hand? Looking like shit." Taehyung scoffed, not proud of Jungkook's decisions but that only made Jungkook smile lazily.

"Funny." Is all Jungkook said as he lightly rubbed Taehyung's hand with his thumb. "You starving yourself isn't funny Jungkook." The boy scolded Jungkook who managed to laugh a bit, "I didn't do it on pu-purpose. I just- I forgot." Jungkook breathed out and pulled his hand away to rest on his stomach. "How do you forget to eat huh?" Taehyung argued back with Jungkook who opened one eye. "I was in survival mode. I needed to keep you two safe and alive. Along the way though I forgot to take care of myself so it-it's your fault really." Jungkook said quietly.

"Oh yeah? Go to bed stupid." Taehyung rolled his eyes and looked elsewhere. Assuming Jungkook had gone to bed since he didn't respond but a minute later the boy spoke up. "I like it when you called me dork instead of stupid," Jungkook said lazily, breathing in and out calmly. The words made Taehyung look down at Jungkook who had a small smile but his eyes were closed. "Yeah well, you're a stupid dork if anything," Taehyung mumbled back as his hands played with Jungkook's hair. Earning a chuckle from Jungkook who got comfortable on Taehyung's lap. Having Jungkook half asleep, Taehyung decided to answer a question.

"You asked me what Jimin is to me earlier today." Taehyung started off slowly and calmly. "He's my best friend." Taehyung started off but scoffed soon after. "More than my best friend, he's like an older brother I never had. He's been there for me, every single time I needed him. Jimin... is the only reason I'm still alive." Taehyung whispered to Jungkook who had his eyes open and looking at Taehyung. "When the virus hit I was with Jimin in his apartment. He lived right next door so it was no problem seeing Jimin every day. As we were watching tv the emergency alert came on. Blaring on the tv... our phones and within minutes... the world was ending."

Taehyung gulped from his wording. "I heard screaming coming from my apartment and when I got into my apartment, I saw my father on top of my screaming mother. Blood... pooling around her... his face covered with my mother's blood and flesh. Within the same second though, my father came for me. I would have died- He could have killed me... but Jimin saved me." Taehyung was now looking elsewhere as he told his story.  "I didn't want to believe what I saw. I still don't believe what I saw. My parents... weren't my parents but that morning everything was fine. We were fine... a happy family... but now I only have Jimin." Taehyung ran his tongue over his bottom lip.

"Jimin's my family..." Taehyung breathed out as Jungkook then reached out for Taehyung's hand. "Okay." Is all Jungkook said. Making Taehyung confused but the calm expression made Taehyung coo. Almost like Jungkook was happy with that answer. "Okay?" Taehyung repeated as he watched Jungkook slowly get up and sit against the wall with Taehyung. Fingers intertwining with Taehyung's. "Mhm, okay," Jungkook said with a smile, leaning in until he was pressing his lips against Taehyung's. Using his free hand to rub at Taehyung's nape. Taehyung did not see this coming but he wasn't going to complain. It only lasted for a couple of seconds though as Jungkook pulled away and gave a small smile.

Breathing out, Jungkook rested his head on Taehyung's shoulder and got comfortable. Having his hand that was once holding Taehyung's hand, on Taehyung's thigh now. "...Dork," Taehyung muttered as he rested his head against Jungkook's. Giving a reassuring squeeze to Jungkook's hand as he let the boy fall asleep on his shoulder. Not sure what this whole moment meant but it definitely made Taehyung feel butterflies. Almost like the first time, Taehyung noticed his feelings for Jungkook. Although that time it was more of his imagination of Jungkook.

Jungkook wasn't what Taehyung imagined him to be but honestly? This Jungkook was probably even better than what Taehyung expected. Aside from the school thing of course. Yawning, Taehyung scrunched up his nose and blinked away the tears from his yawn. Having no choice but to stay up and keep watch and honestly? he didn't mind too much. Jungkook seemed to break his fever and Jimin was fast asleep- plus it was pretty quiet and so Taehyung decided to just close his eyes for a bit. He wasn't much of a heavy sleeper anyway so closing his eyes for a couple of minutes would be fine and he was fine. Being that he woke up every few minutes just to listen out before he would close his eyes for the following minutes.