.29

It's been a week now since the group took shelter at the convenience store. With Seojoon and Jimin healing up while Taehyung and Jungkook recovered from being sick and also healing from the news they heard just two days ago. It didn't stop the world from spinning though and life goes on, as it always does. The team was on their last few meals and the granola bars were long gone. Since there were at least twelve of them now, they had to split a lot of stuff. Seven were from Taehyung's group and five, including Seojoon, were from Seojoon's group. Yoongi and some of the guys from Seojoon's group left early that morning to look for anything that could help them get back up and running because they could no longer stay there.

For one, they were running low on food and water, and two? they had limited time now. Days were getting shorter and also colder. The hot sun was gone most days and instead, there was a gentle cold breeze. The trees started to change color and lose their leaves. Before they knew it the group would have to look for shelter for the whole winter again. You'd think the world would move slower with a zombie apocalypse huh? No- far from that. It seemed like the days just went right by. Then again they were always fighting for their lives. Which brought them to the topic they were discussing.

"By the time we reach Seoul, the weather will get colder which means the dead will be in bigger groups." Ah yes, they learned last winter that instead of the dead traveling alone or in smaller groups, they traveled together almost? Like to keep themselves warm. The usual swarm of zombies had fifty, even eighty of them which yeah, that was a lot but when winter hit? The swarm got huger with what looked like hundreds of the dead. Now there was a bright side to this as all they needed to do was avoid the swarm but it was also hard considering it was winter. They didn't have the proper gear and they struggled just to stay alive.

"Staying around here for another winter? Will kill us. We almost died last winter because we couldn't find any food. It's populated over here, stores are cleaned out, and if not they're packed with the dead. If we want to survive we need to head somewhere else." Seokjin looked at everyone who was hesitant about what Seokjin was saying but Seojoon understood. Even his group had a hard time since they weren't prepared. It was the first couple of months from the dead roaming the world but he still managed to stay alive. "But we need to get to-" Namjoon started and that's when Hoseok spoke up.

"Namjoon, dude... I love you okay? But... Seoul is overpopulated with the dead. If anything us going to Seoul will get us killed and if not the winter will kill us. We can come back when winter passes but we need to think about staying alive." Hoseok added in but Namjoon wasn't having it. "If we want to live we need to find my parents! Guys!... I know it sounds like a long shot but I know they're there. The moment it all went down, they closed where my parents worked. People are inside there! I just... I know they are in there okay? Can you guys just trust me?!" Namjoon said frustratingly as he tried to convince the other guys.

And as much as the boys wanted to believe and trust in Namjoon, they were worried about what they could get themselves into. Seojoon was afraid to lose more people, afraid of what was to come if they went towards Seoul. The whole reason he left Seoul when it went down was because of the dead. Every corner, every place they looked there was always the dead there. "With or without you guys, I'm going to Seoul." Namjoon made clear as he walked away from the group. Seokjin and Hoseok looked at each other as they sighed and hurried after Namjoon.

Meanwhile, the others had a lot to think about. Taehyung was going wherever Jimin went, and the same went for Jimin which meant Yoongi would go wherever they went too. As for Jungkook? Taehyung doesn't know. It's been a hard few days and it was even harder trying to communicate with Jungkook since Taehyung didn't know what to say, to do and neither did Jungkook. "Miami doesn't see snow." Jungkook brought up while sharpening his knife. The others that were gathered looked at Jungkook. "How far is Miami from here though?" One of Seojoon's men asked and Jungkook only shrugged.

"One hell of a long walk that's for sure." Seojoon grunted as he stood up and sighed out loud. "Say Namjoon does leave to Seoul, where does everyone else stand?" Seojoon asked the members who didn't know what to say because they weren't sure if they were going with Namjoon. Taehyung was sure his group wouldn't leave Namjoon but at the same time? Taehyung didn't want to walk into Seoul knowing he was going to die. He'd come to damn far to fucking die trying to find out if Namjoon's family is still alive. Then again... there was a chance right? For normal living again? Maybe?

"No, I'm leaving!" Namjoon pulled his arm away from Seokjin who sighed, stayed put and watched Namjoon walk off. Watching it all happen, Taehyung gulped. His group wasn't going to split up right? As Taehyung was in his thoughts though, Seokjin could hear something in the distance. Like... music blaring and the moment Jungkook heard that? He knew. "Fuck... fuck fuck fuck, get up! run!" Jungkook hurriedly got up and grabbed his stuff as Taehyung looked around confusingly before his eyes landed on Jimin who had his eyes widened. Jungkook's group... they found them. "Yoongi- yoongi didn't come back yet!" Jimin panicked.

Though just as Seojoon's men were running into the bushes, gunshots went off and the men dropped dead. There the truck blaring music pulled in and a few men were jumping out. Leaving Taehyung and his group to stay still. The men seemed to only have their eye on one person though, and that was Jungkook. Before any words were shared, a shot went off and before anyone could react, Jungkook was shot in the shoulder as he fell back. Taehyung's eyes widened as he tried to run to Jungkook but Jimin held him back. Using every ounce of strength he had to hold Taehyung back. "Sorry for the... entrance but we just came to collect what's ours."

Groaning, Jungkook grabbed his arm that hurt a fuck ton and once he pulled his hand away, he saw the blood on his fingers. They fucking shot him- what the fuck?! "We don't want any problems." Said what seemed to be the leader as the other two men went to grab Jungkook who didn't put up a fight. Cooperating with them would be easier than trying to fight his way out. It would be safer for the team if Jungkook just gave up and so he did. "Isn't that..." One of the men from the truck pointed at Taehyung who stood there with a certain gaze that made the man smile almost devilishly. "Grab him." Said the man.

As those words were said, Jungkook grunted as he tried to get away from the men which only amused the 'leader' of Jungkook's group. The men Jungkook noticed were Yuta, Mj, Woozi, and the so-called leader, Jooheon. "Touch him and I'll fucking kill you," Jungkook said with hatred, trying to break free but Jooheon only tilted his head a bit to watch Jungkook. Smiling, Jooheon approached Jungkook and leaned down to meet Jungkook face to face. "Try me." Is all Jooheon whispered to Jungkook before he straightened himself. Jungkook couldn't even react though- until Jooheon was pulling a smoke bomb and tossing it towards the group.

"Run!" Jungkook yelled as loud as he could but was instantly punched in the gut by Yuta who grabbed Jungkook and got him into the truck of their vehicle. "Taehyung! Tae-!" Jungkook screamed but was shut up by Yuta stuffing his mouth with a cloth- not before Jungkook forcefully bit Yuta's hand though. "Agh! You fucking-!" Yuta flung his hand back as he sucked in a deep breath. Looking at Jungkook, Yuta felt his anger building up as he forcefully hit Jungkook who passed out the moment Yuta landed a hit.

As for Taehyung, he couldn't see a thing once the smoke bomb was thrown at them. Out of instinct, his friends ran and Taehyung should have run too... but hearing Jungkook call out for him made Taehyung stop and the next thing Taehyung knew- he was being pulled aside. Not able to see a thing, not able to scream. The moment the guys got Taehyung in their hold, they wasted no time getting Taehyung in the vehicle and by the time Taehyung's group noticed that Taehyung wasn't with them, it was already too late as the vehicle drove off.