.22

As for Jungkook, he had no idea what was happening to him or where he was or- god he didn't know anything! It hurt though... everything hurt. Every cell in his body felt like it was bursting inside of him. Flashbacks of his childhood would come and go but in quick flashes and they weren't anything good to remember. One moment his body was burning up and the next he felt like he was laying in a pile of snow. Waking up all Jungkook could make out was the ceiling. Even then it was still hard to keep his eyes open. Jungkook was sweating, he knew he was laying in his own sweat and filth but still couldn't find the will to get up. Why did it hurt so much?

Feeling his breathing become shallow, Jungkook started to drift back into his deep sleep but it didn't stop Jungkook from thrashing in his sleep, mumbling words Namjoon couldn't make sense of but Jungkook was in his worst nightmare while he slept. Although it only felt like minutes to Jungkook, it was actually hours. So long that the next time Jungkook woke up, Taehyung was in front of him. "What the hell?!" Taehyung tried to touch Jungkook to check on the male but Namjoon only pulled Taehyung away. "We don't know what's wrong with him! To be safe we need to leave him alone! Okay? He drifts in and out of sleep every few hours." Namjoon stopped Taehyung.

Jungkook heard the echoes of Namjoon speaking but his vision was so hazy he just couldn't see shit. "Mommy-" Jungkook muttered out, his eyes going back as his throat closed up for a few seconds. Feeling like he was choking but it only got worse- this time the flashbacks came back. His mother gave him his medicine right before bed- it hurt so bad. The needles hurt so bad. "Stop mommy- please, I- I feel-" Jungkook cried out although he was not aware. "Look at him! Namjoon he's not okay! Just- Let me go! Now! Namjoon!" Taehyung yelled at the boy blocking him from going into the room. "Taehyung stop!" Namjoon was heard fighting back.

The injection running through his veins, how it made his skin burn and itch. "Please please pl-please please-" Jungkook begged in whispers, choking on his own cries before just like that, he was knocked out. That's where Taehyung finally got through. "You said he got like this when he smeared the guts on himself right?" Taehyung asked Namjoon as he dumped his bag of stuff and grabbed his bottled water. "Right?!" Taehyung asked again, louder this time as Namjoon finally responded and hurried to help Taehyung. Sick of watching Jungkook suffer. "Allergic reaction to the blood?" Yoongi went walking in once he heard the two talking.

"We have running water." Seojoon was suddenly heard walking into the room. "Let's clean him up before he wakes up," Seojoon said without another word as he walked into the bathroom and got the water started as Taehyung and Namjoon got to undressing Jungkook, of course, they spared the boy his dignity and left his shorts on. Although it wasn't anything Taehyung hadn't seen already, the others didn't need to know that though. Once getting Jungkook undressed, Taehyung and Namjoon carried Jungkook into the tub where they cleaned the remaining blood on Jungkook's body but as they were doing so Taehyung noticed something.

"Was he a druggie? Look's like his arms have been through one to many injections." Yoongi asked which only made Taehyung look at Yoongi rather mean but Yoongi was asking a genuine question. Then again Taehyung didn't know what to say. Jungkook wasn't a... druggie, right? No... he couldn't be. "Shut up." Is all Taehyung could say as he brushed back Jungkook's hair. Nothing else seemed out of the ordinary if Taehyung was being honest. It was just Jungkook's arms but he couldn't think about it long before Jungkook gasped for a deep breath and started thrashing around in the tub. "Jungko-Jungkook! Jungkook!" Taehyung called out for the boy.

"Stop! Stop- sto-stop please! No more- !! No more!" Jungkook screamed with his eyes closed. Pulling Jungkook out of the tub, Taehyung brought the boy close. Shushing Jungkook as he held him tightly, reassuring him. "Okay Jungkook, alright, no more okay? We're stopping. You're okay, we're okay. Shhh, I got you Jungkook. It's all okay."  Taehyung whispered into Jungkook's ear and slowly Jungkook started to calm down, his vision not so blurry as he took a look around. "No more..." Jungkook whispered out as he grabbed onto Taehyung's arm, holding onto the male as he tried to get ahold of his own body. What the hell... was wrong with him?

A few days after passed now and Jungkook was still out of it and since Jungkook was still out of it, Taehyung made the choice to stay with Seojoon and his group until Jungkook was better. Though every single day, it got more concerning because Jungkook would only come out of it once a day. Still, he'd be pretty lost but it was better than not waking up at all. "He gets sick easily." Luna walked into the room Taehyung was in with Jungkook. Taehyung had decided to check on Jungkook after a night of being on watch but as soon as he entered, so did Luna. "I would know. I was his girlfriend for almost three years." The girl looked at Taehyung who hummed. "Yeah? And have you ever seen him like this hm? Girlfriend of the year."

Ignoring Taehyung's comment on the girlfriend of the year, the girl walked in and approached Jungkook. "Jungkook got dizzy and lightheaded often. He took pills for that. Also headaches, he got a lot of those too. Ice pack helped with that... and the night sweats are from his nightmares." Luna said softly while looking at Jungkook. "Anything else you want from the girlfriend of the year?" She looked at Taehyung who only stared at the girl. "His nightmares... did he sleep talk a lot?" Taehyung looked away to sharpen his katana, casually side-eyeing the girl every now and then. "Was he begging for his mom to stop again? Yeah, sounds like him."

Breathing in, Luna hummed while breathing out. "Jungkook was a... sick kid. He didn't tell me a lot but because he was sick, he had this medicine he hated. His parents had to give it to him though, it was for his own good. Didn't mean he liked it though. It's been a while since he's been off it though so I'm not surprised he's like this." Luna admitted to Taehyung who listened well but was taken back by the information he was told. Not sure how to feel about it. "Well if we knew what medicine he needed we could get it. I could find it." Taehyung stood up.

Luna raised an eyebrow and licked her lips, turning to Taehyung. "Yeah? One problem with that. I don't know his medicine and neither does he. His parents never let him inject himself or go anywhere near it. It got better when he got older though as he says. He only needed to take his medicine once a month as he got older." Luna continued to speak while approaching Taehyung who watched the girl closely. "You wouldn't know any of that though so why don't you make yourself helpful by going out there yeah? I got Jungkook from here." Luna turned to Jungkook just to see the boy looking back at her, his eyes glued on the girl who smiled a bit.

"Hi-" Is all she could get out as Jungkook spoke up, "Get out," Jungkook said in a whisper but he was clear on his words. "... What?" Luna said in disbelief, clearing her throat as she got down to be closer to Jungkook. "I told you... never to tell anyone what I told you." Jungkook looked at the girl with hatred, his eyes fuming. "Get out... now, get out! You're just like them... get out! get... get out!" Jungkook started to yell louder and louder with each word. Looking at Jungkook with widened eyes, Luna looked at Taehyung who only gulped back at Jungkook's sudden rage after waking up and actually staying awake. "Now! Go!" Jungkook yelled even louder.

Once Luna left the room, Taehyung approached Jungkook who started to breathe unevenly. "Hey... Jungkook, are..." Taehyung couldn't even finish his sentence as Jungkook laid there, looking at him. "... Don't tell anyone," Jungkook muttered and it didn't take long for Taehyung to nod as he sat down next to the bed and grabbed Jungkook's hand. "Don't worry... I have much more serious things to focus on... dork." Taehyung said jokingly as he then brushed Jungkook's hair back. Watching the boy chuckle lightly, Taehyung felt Jungkook intertwining their hands.

"... I thought you were dying," Taehyung whispered as he admitted his thoughts to Jungkook. "Me? Dying?... sorry to burst your bubble but I plan to live for a very long time." Jungkook gave a breathy laugh but was in a coughing fit soon after. "I'll get you some water okay? I'll be right back." Taehyung smiled at Jungkook who groaned and nodded. Though as soon as Taehyung left, Jungkook was left in confusion. What the hell happened? How many hours had it been? God... he hadn't felt like that since he was a kid and he sure as hell didn't miss that feeling.