.33

Putting their weapons down, Jungkook put his hands up to show that they weren't a threat. "I'm not the bad guy-" Jungkook started off although he technically was in their eyes. "You just killed our leaders! What the fuck is wrong with you!?" Jun yelled, the hurt in his voice evident as his boy hid behind his father, pulling him back but Jun kept his hateful view on Jungkook. "The leaders who turned you all into slaves! You don't think I know how they treat you? I was treated worse! I had to do the killings! I had to put blood on my hands so you guys could pick vegetables without any fucking worries!" Jungkook yelled back to Jun who cocked his gun the moment Jungkook spoke up.

"What happened the moment I left hm?!" Jungkook started stepping forward. "Who took the shit after I left huh?! Who killed?! Who had to torture the people you called friends?! Family!" Jungkook yelled but not out of anger. It was more out of frustration and he just wanted to get through to these people who swore Jungkook was the bad guy and in some ways, yeah Jungkook is but at the same time Jungkook not only did this for himself but for the people in this horrid group. "I left to save myself... but they didn't stop hunting for me." Jungkook calmed his tone as the guns started to slowly be put down by the others but Jun still kept at it.

"You know the drill. If someone runs, you kill them. If someone disagrees, kill them. No matter the situation, you had to kill. No matter the person, you kill. I didn't want that and I'll be fucking damned if you want leaders like that in your kid's life! Look at him! It's bad enough that he lives in a world where the dead comes back to life!" Jungkook looked at Jun who started to shake a bit from the emotions he was holding in. "If I was the bad guy you would still be outside those gates and every single person in this camp would be dead... but you're not. I saved you."

"I saved you because you have a son to take care of and you need to prepare him for this world because we don't know how long this will last or even how long we will survive. So put down that gun and help me. Help me save everyone before the gate breaks down from the herd." Jungkook said slowly but understandingly to Jun who dropped his weapon. Was there still a lot to discuss?... Yes but right now Jun had to do what was best for his son and that was getting him to safety and so that's what he did. "Gather everyone, and tell them to follow Jungkook," Jun spoke to the woman beside him. Although she wanted to question it, she didn't have time to do so since they were running on limited time.

Within minutes, Taehyung and his friends gathered who they could and Jungkook was leading them behind one of the few houses that they had. Removing a lot of leaves and sticks from the ground before everyone saw the two doors leading into the ground. "There's not a lot of space but it's enough to keep us safe," Jungkook said while opening the door. Although everyone was shocked by the sudden hiding place, Jungkook knew this spot for a long time. It's where the 'leaders' lived. The bunker had three rooms to it, a kitchen, and a small living space area. A lot of games, a lot of food, and... a lot of alcohol.

Once everyone was inside, Jungkook closed the doors and locked them from the inside. "How the hell did you know about this place?" Jun asked, stunned as he looked around while the others got comfortable and started setting up for their stay. "Why do you think Kihyun wanted to camp here? The bunker was filled with a family before Kihyun decided he wanted it." Jungkook gulped from the memory. Nodding, Jun looked down at his son who was holding onto his leg. Looking up at Jungkook, Jun sighed before holding out his hand. "I'm sorry... about earlier." Jun bowed his head a bit.

"Don't... I get it. No need." Jungkook assured Jun who breathed out. "It's been a long day," Jun said as he picked up Jian who was rubbing his eyes. "I'm gonna go pick out a spot before they're all taken." Jun flashed a smile before walking off with Jian who was resting on Jun's shoulder. Meanwhile, Taehyung was helping out the mothers and kids, grabbing them blankets and food before he made his way back to Jungkook who sat near the exit and entrance of the bunker. Seating himself without Jungkook noticing, Taehyung watched the male closely. "What is it?" Taehyung finally asked since he couldn't tell how Jungkook was feeling.

Breaking out of his thoughts, Jungkook looked at Taehyung with glossy eyes. "... I don't know." The boy mumbled to Taehyung who moved closer to cup Jungkook's cheek. "I killed him," Jungkook whispered to Taehyung who furrowed his eyebrows, confused about Jungkook's wording. "Killed... who? The guys outside the gate? Jungkook-" Taehyung tried to carry on but Jungkook shook his head. "Yuta. I bit his hand before he stuffed me in the trunk. I bit his hand and he-" Jungkook shut his eyes as he remembered Yuta. How the boys said he didn't get bit... not by the dead at least.

Becoming speechless, Taehyung dropped his hand down to his side as he remembered back to what happened. How Mj came in trying to attack him once Yuta got him. Taehyung didn't know the whole situation but it was weird how Yuta suddenly turned. Gulping, Taehyung grabbed Jungkook once more in a comforting and reassuring way but Jungkook only pushed Taehyung's hands away. "You don't get it Taehyung. I turned him. I don't know how- or why! Or... if I'm even fucking alive but I did that!" Jungkook raised his voice but Taehyung was quick to shush Jungkook before they had people surrounding them.

"Stop. Jungkook- we don't know that. You don't know that! Maybe he did get bit, you don't know that. The stress is getting to you, okay?" Taehyung tried to convince Jungkook who just kept shaking his head with his eyes closed. Remembering the events leading up to Yuta changing. "Jungkook!" Taehyung snapped the boy out of his thoughts. "... You're okay. I got you okay? I'm right here." Taehyung brushed Jungkook's hair behind his ear and cupped the boy's face. Wiping away Jungkook's tears with his thumb, Taehyung kissed Jungkook's cheeks. "I'll take over okay? You need some sleep." Taehyung got up along with Jungkook who was out of it.

Going down the stairs, Taehyung kept Jungkook close as they looked for a spot, seeing one of the rooms was surprisingly empty- Taehyung walked Jungkook in. Watching Jungkook lay down on the bed, Taehyung gulped before trying to head out but Jungkook was quick to grab for Taehyung's shirt. "Come," Jungkook muttered. "But-" Taehyung tried to retort but Jungkook shook his head. "Need you." Jungkook breathed out a shaky breath. Not having Jungkook say it twice, Taehyung laid down next to Jungkook who instantly cuddled up next to Taehyung.

Brushing through Jungkook's hair gently, Taehyung pressed a long and soft kiss on Jungkook's forehead. One part of Jungkook loved having Taehyung so close but the other part of him was afraid. For Taehyung, for himself... for everyone around him. It just didn't make sense. How Jungkook bit Yuta and the boy turned... it didn't make sense. Jungkook has been feeling off for a long time but this time? Really fucked him up. "Stop thinking about it." Taehyung's words were heard as Jungkook opened his eyes to look at Taehyung. "... How?" Jungkook responded. Feeling Taehyung rub his nape, Jungkook bit his lip and watched the boy lean in closer.

Lips ghosted over each other before Jungkook pulled away. What if he could infect Taehyung? What if- "Please Jungkook." Taehyung whispered against Jungkook's lips. Breathing in, Jungkook looked at Taehyung closely as the boy did the same to Jungkook. "You can be scared of yourself... but I'm not scared of you okay? Far from scared Jungkook." Taehyung reassured Jungkook while comfortingly rubbing his nape. "I love you... Jungkook, so much." Taehyung finally came out with the words he'd been thinking about lately now.

Every single time Jungkook was away from him, Taehyung thought about it. Before they went to bed Taehyung thought about it. How much he loves Jungkook and... he didn't want either of them to die before getting to say the words. "... You love me?" Jungkook asked with his tone softer and his gaze was pure love as Jungkook looked at Taehyung who nodded, cupping Jungkook's cheek. "More than anything, I love you," Taehyung whispered to Jungkook who gulped back but he felt his heart swarm with this feeling of happiness, warmth, and just... pure happiness as Taehyung looked at him.

"I love you," Jungkook whispered back as he swiped his thumb over Taehyung's bottom lip. "and our unborn..." Jungkook finally let out, his voice almost breaking as he suddenly thought of Taehyung's pregnancy. "I love you and our unborn so much Taehyung... so damn much and I'll do everything to keep you safe okay?... because I don't think I can live without you. I don't want to live without you, okay?" Jungkook said with tears. Sniffling, Taehyung wiped away his own tears as he nodded slowly. "Okay." Taehyung agreed as he brought Jungkook in for a soft and passionate kiss. The love radiating off them both was astonishing and after the soft makeout, Taehyung made Jungkook rest on his head on his chest as the boy fell asleep.