.08

"Was your group... dangerous or safe?... in your opinion," Taehyung asked since he knew a lot of the groups were different and from his knowledge, Jungkook's group didn't seem all that nice. Though it took some while for Jungkook to actually speak up. "It was a safe place, for a while. Everyone was welcomed but along the way, people died and the humanity in the ones that lived?... was gone." Jungkook shrugged as he then looked at his hands. "But it beat being alone. In this world, you should be afraid of two things. The dead... and the living. Everyone alive is fighting for survival and my group lost their way."

Jungkook bit his bottom lip but smiled to himself when he noticed he was getting Taehyung to talk to him. No arguments, no sarcasm. Just pure talking and he missed that. Just having someone to talk to although their topic was something he never thought he would be talking to Taehyung about. "Is that why you came with me?" Taehyung asked, wanting to know why Jungkook suddenly decided he wanted to help him find Jimin. Although he had to admit, Taehyung was very grateful for that. "I was planning on leaving for some while. Then I saved you and... I don't know. It was in the moment kind of thing."

Jungkook sucked in a breath while also rolling his shoulders back. "They're not good people. I-... I guess I'm not either. If anything I was just like them... So I shouldn't talk bad about them when I was also a part of what they did." Jungkook breathed out and chuckled soon after. "But because I knew they were bad guys, I wanted to leave with you. Of course, I didn't plan on staying with you but... you know, your ankle was also a reason I had to stay." Taehyung suddenly thought of his ankle as soon as Jungkook mentioned it. Quick to scoff as he then brought his leg up.

Taking off his sock, there a bruised and swollen foot presented itself. Finally able to breathe as Taehyung scrunched up his nose. Grabbing the bag of things they got from the pharmacy, Jungkook sat in front of Taehyung. "Does it hurt?" He asked while scooting a bit closer. Humming, Taehyung nodded lightly. "A little bit," Taehyung said quietly as Jungkook examined the ankle. "I think our best bet is staying here for a few days. You need to let your ankle rest and Jimin... clearly needs a few days to heal up too." Jungkook spoke to Taehyung who was looking at Jungkook. "I can go find food tomorrow too. We need it."

Cleaning and wrapping Taehyung's ankle, Jungkook then looked at Taehyung who was still looking at him. "What? In love with me already? I'm flattered." Jungkook joked with his voice light and his chuckle coming through as Taehyung pulled his leg away and scoffed while scooting closer to Jimin. "You wish." He mumbled. Jungkook was still in a fit of giggles as he hummed and went against the door again. "I'll keep watch-" Jungkook suggested but Taehyung shook his head, speaking up to cut Jungkook off. "You kept watch last night. I'll keep watch tonight. You barely had any sleep and if you plan to find food tomorrow, you need the energy."

While saying so, Taehyung grabbed out a random magazine that luckily had a crossword. "IT's okay Taehyung, I could watch for another night," Jungkook assured Taehyung who rolled his eyes and slapped the mat next to Jimin. "Sleep Jungkook. I got it." Taehyung insisted as he then got up and hopped over to Jungkook's spot. Kicking Jungkook off his spot and with a sigh, Jungkook then seated himself on the mat. "Are you sure?" Jungkook asked just to make sure. Although his yawn was so wanting to come out and it did as soon as Taehyung seated himself.

"Very sure. Just sleep Jungkook." Taehyung said with a huff as he looked through his magazine before he went back to his crossword. As Jungkook got comfortable on the mat, the boy faced away from the two. Immediately falling asleep once his head touched the mat. Though as soon as Taehyung heard the soft breathing, he looked at Jungkook. Did it feel comforting? almost. Jungkook was a classmate of his for years now and although he was the classic fuck boy back in high school, he changed then again it would be concerning if Jungkook didn't change considering the world they live in now.