.48

Jungkook thrashed in the bed as he heard his 'mothers' voice. "Don't! Jimin don't do it!" Jungkook began to sweat and the familiar blackout feeling was coming but Jungkook didn't want to pass out. Not with the information he knew. "Jungkook, sweetie! Mommy is right here." The lady walked over to Jungkook after putting down the needle that was for Jimin. "I'll take care of you and your friends okay? Everything will be over in just a few moments, yeah?" She spoke calmly to Jungkook as she caressed Jungkook's cheek. Though Jungkook only felt scared. Scared of what his mother could do to him. Scared for what his mother planned for his friends.

So with that, Jungkook turned his head and clamped his mouth around any flesh he could bite onto. Piercing his teeth through his mother's flesh as he then ripped it out. Spitting out the chunk as he heard his mother scream. "Wh-What did you do!" She screamed, eyes widening as the blood leaked from her arm. "Jungkook!" Jimin stepped back into the tray that the needle was on. "Run!" Jungkook groaned, spitting out the remaining flesh in his mouth. Not needing to be told another time, Jimin got to running towards the door but just as he reached for the handle, Jungkook's mother grabbed and flung Jimin back into the room.

All the while Namjoon searched the area inside the building. Namjoon was certain his parents were there. They had to be. It was just a gut feeling and so Namjoon kept on with his search which was easy since Jungkook's mother was more focused on Jungkook and Jimin. A lot of the stuff was destroyed and there was a lot of glass too. Some blood, some needles. Surely if the dead weren't roaming the world Namjoon would think this was a murder scene. "Joon!" Namjoon stopped in his tracks as he was about to enter another room before he heard Yoongi calling out for him. "Joon now!" Yoongi yelled once more before there was a door slam.

Turning to run back, Namjoon was about to run when he heard a pang. Like something was hitting a window. "...Fuck." Namjoon needed to check so in a rush, Namjoon ran back into the room he had just about entered and came to a stop once he almost ran into the window that was separating him and the dead. "Fucking he-!!" Namjoon couldn't even finish his sentence as he fell back from the sudden scare. About to run away until he realized that the dead was stuck in the little isolation room he was in. "... Mr. Kim..?" Namjoon saw the name tag on the lab coat. Standing up quickly, Namjoon practically pushed himself up against the window.

"...Dad?" Namjoon said heartbrokenly as he stared at the dead trying to get to him through the window. The lab coat that had a small black handkerchief was there, his dad's second favorite since the day of the apocalypse his dad's favorite one was still in the dryer and he was late enough. Choking up, Namjoon shook his head. Anger shot through him as he left the room and hurried down the hall. Back to Jimin being flung back, Jungkook's mother grabbed the needle filled with the fluid and was seconds away from injecting Jimin until Yoongi burst through the door. "Joon, now!" Yoongi yelled which caught the older woman's attention.

Not letting anyone mess with Jimin, Yoongi kicked the female directly in the face since she was on the ground with Jimin. Dropping to the floor and also dropping the needle, the lady groaned. "No! We need to take Jungkook!" Jimin pulled away from Yoongi who looked confused. Jimin wanted to save Jungkook? The guy who fucking bit him? "No fucking way, Jimin let's go!" Yoongi tried to pull Jimin who only fought back against Yoongi. "What the fuck did you do to my father!" Namjoon came running in, tears running down his face as he approached the lady that was trying to stand but the blood trickled down her nose.

Not giving one single fuck, Namjoon grabbed the collar of her shirt and pulled her close. "What did you do?! Tell me!" Namjoon screamed while Jimin was doing the shackles on Jungkook. The boy hyperventilating as he laid there. So many memories, so many feelings running through him. Where Jungkook got bit by the dead started to hurt more. Like his arm was burning now. While Namjoon screamed at her, she could only focus on the needle that was just a little bit out of reach. If she couldn't inject Jimin then she needed to save herself before she turned. If she died... her research would mean nothing and she didn't come this far for it to end like this.

Trying to bite Namjoon, the boy pushed her back which caused her to grab the needle and let out all the liquid before she was poking the infected area Jungkook bit and started to take blood from herself, reusing the same needle over and over again. "What the fuck... is she doing?!" Seokjin walked in to see the whole thing unfolding. Taehyung was right behind Seokjin who kept Taehyung behind him. "Run!" Jungkook said breathlessly, feeling lightheaded while Jimin tried to help him. "It's m-me, I'm the- the vir-virus." Jungkook looked at Jimin who looked at Jungkook shockingly. "Go." Jungkook choked on his spit. "G-Get Taehyung out of here."

Looking at Jungkook, Jimin found himself frozen. Jimin couldn't do that to Taehyung. Taehyung is his little brother and if Jimin wasn't going to be here, Jungkook should. So going against Jungkook's words, Jimin got to trying to take the three other shackles off. "... Fuck-" Yoongi cursed before he was hurrying to help Jimin with Jungkook. "Seokjin- please, please let me-" Taehyung cried to Seokjin who held Taehyung back. Not wanting to risk Taehyung and the baby. "You think they can help you Jungkook?" The woman spoke as she started to stand after letting the needle drop beside her. Not looking any better which made Yoongi and Jimin concerned.

"You've finally figured it out huh?" The woman scoffed, choking on her own spit as she spoke. "You're such a beautiful blessing to this world and you want to throw it away for humans?!!" And just as Jimin got off the last shackle, Jungkook's mother grabbed Jungkook off the bed and pushed him against the wall. Jungkook stopping his friends from doing anything. "I made you what you are. Together? We can own this world. We can be the leaders." She said desperately while holding onto Jungkook who shook his head. It was hard to believe that this woman in front of him put him through so much pain but yet he couldn't remember that, until the visions at least. Now it was just... pure heartbreak looking at the woman in front of him.

"Where's my siblings." Jungkook asked, tears flooding his eyes as he saw his mother's one eye go all red from the infection running through her veins. "... There was never any siblings." She admitted with a dull smile. "There was only ever experiments." She said in a whisper before looking at Jungkook with amazement. "But you, my sweet experiment-" She said and that's when Jungkook would hear the same old whisper. My sweet experiment. "You're special." She caressed Jungkook's cheek. Almost like she was in a daze, and it was because of the infection.

"What did you do to Namjoon's father." Jungkook continued to ask questioned although the grip his mother had on him hurt. "He didn't listen to me. So I infected him with one of the samples we were working on." She said sadistically. Who the hell was this woman? Jungkook doesn't remember this side of her at all but the inner child in him felt the familiar feeling and it made him want to cry. "We were looking for a cure..." She suddenly spoke as her eye started to twitch. Just in the same second though, Taehyung started to feel the pain. "No- no no Seokjin-" Taehyung grabbed Seokjin. "Shit- shit shit, Yoongi!" Seokjin called out.

Hearing Seokjin, Jungkook looked over his mothers shoulder to see Taehyung getting down onto the floor. Seeing that made Jungkook push his mother away and hurry over but the ringing came soon after which stalled Jungkook who fell to his knees, holding his head. Wanting to literally bang his head against the walls to stop the ringing, but he couldn't. Every cell in him was screaming, every fucking cell. All while Taehyung held his stomach, screaming in pain. This time the pain was getting stronger which was scaring Taehyung badly. Not sure what the fuck was going on with him. The screeches that came from outside though? Were louder than Taehyung.

"Ge-Get him out!" Jungkook screamed, over and over again as his ear rung louder and louder. There was a faint heartbeat too- but Jungkook, he just... he needed Taehyung to get him out. "Who?!?" Yoongi yelled but Jungkook couldn't hear. "Get him out Taehyung!!!" Jungkook screamed, turning over as he choked up. "He's dying! He's dying! G-Get h- aghhh!" Jungkook held his head tightly, crying in pain and also worry. "Him... get him out." Seokjin looked at Taehyung in a panic. "Him... as in..." Seokjin looked at Taehyung's stomach. 'He's dying' ran through Seokjin's ears. A loud gasp came from Seokjin as he looked at the boys.

"...We have to deliver this baby now."