.15

Grabbing out his knife in seconds, Jungkook stabbed the runner in the head. The body fell the moment Jungkook pulled the knife out but it didn't stop the other runner that tried to get into the vehicle. Though Jungkook closed the door on its head before it could get in. Not able to completely smash the dead's head, the dead kind of struggled to try to get to Jungkook who was annoyed as ever. There was flesh right fucking there! and they were after him! Using every ounce of his strength, Jungkook opened the door just to slam his door shut on the head that splattered everywhere. His vision became fixated on the blood and brains splattered around him.

Taking a moment before he realized he needed to go and so he stepped on the gas after taking the truck out of park. Looking at the side mirror to see the dead toppling over Kihyun as the music played in the back, getting quieter as he drove. On Taehyung's side, he was watching the dead scatter once they heard the music playing. The music stopped playing for at least eight minutes which scared the living daylights out of Taehyung because he didn't know what was going on. Was it Jungkook who shut it off? If he did then why was the music back on? Was Jungkook okay? Did Jungkook die!? There were just so many questions that couldn't be answered.

"They're leaving." Jimin spoke softly to Taehyung who nodded, watching the dead leave them be. "You think..." Jimin hinted towards Jungkook to Taehyung. Shrugging, Taehyung gulped. "We should go. We need to get out of here." Taehyung said quietly, already making his way down the tree as Jimin braced himself for what was about to happen next. It was a struggle getting down but the moment they both were on the ground, they didn't waste a moment to start moving. Leaving the tree they climbed up and hurried through the woods. "Should we go near the road?! If Jungkook made it out then-" Taehyung started off but stopped when he heard beeping.

Over and over again there was honking coming from the road area but Taehyung didn't know what to do exactly. What was he supposed to do? What if it was a trap? Oh for god sake, Taehyung really hated overthinking every little thing that came up in his head. "We should! Maybe that's him! Let's go!" Jimin rushed Taehyung who was a little iffy on going but he had to know if it was Jungkook and so he hurriedly rushed off with Jimin who got the hang of hopping on one leg. Still hurt like hell but he managed to push through the pain.

Seeing the vehicle parked middle of the road, Taehyung stopped to see who was in the vehicle but was quickly assured it was Jungkook by the time Jungkook stuck his head out and motioned them to come to the vehicle. Though the dead he left back there followed. Plus not to mention the honking that Jungkook had to do but was needed to get Taehyung and Jimin's attention which worked. They were on limited time though since the runners were starting to get ahead of the slower ones. "Get in the truck!" Jungkook said while drawing his knife and a few of his shurikens, aka throwing stars/ninja stars.

With his good aim, Jungkook was able to toss the throwing star right into the dead's head, killing them instantly as they fell to the ground. It was cool to use if Jungkook was being honest but being cool was not needed right now. "Fuck!" Taehyung pushed Jimin into the truck but had to quickly turn around just to block the runner approaching Taehyung with a goring look. Grabbing a bat from the inside of the vehicle and swinging it in seconds. Almost like he was hitting a baseball but- with a head. Blood gushed everywhere as the dead fell. There Taehyung took the opportunity to get into the truck and honk the horn for Jungkook to come but the boy was held back by the two runners who ambushed him.

Looking like they just fed and maybe they did- but the only meant they were finished with Kihyun. "Don't ho-honk!" Jungkook groaned as he stabbed one of the runners in the neck only because he couldn't reach their head. Slowly but surely he started to pull the knife upwards until the knife was running up his neck and into his skull. Blood spilling everywhere. Holding his breath, Jungkook pushed the dead off him and turned onto his stomach to start crawling away but instead, he felt pressure on his leg from one of the slower ones holding onto his leg. "Fuck fuck! Fucking-" Jungkook pulled his leg away but they had a good grip.

Just as Jungkook thought of a way out though, Taehyung already had his katana deep within the dead's head. Pulling it out in an instant as he then killed the closer runner within seconds. Just enough time for Jungkook to get up and run while Taehyung watched Jungkook's back until he was in the truck and Jungkook was driving off. Not looking back as he looked over to Taehyung for a moment. "You okay?!" Jungkook asked Taehyung who was checking himself quickly. "Not my blood." He spat and looked at his katana, cleaned off the blood and slipped it back into the sleeve. The three soon heard a rattle which made Jimin speak up. "Don't think we'll make it very far," Jimin mumbled between the two who looked at him. "What?"

Scoffing, Jimin grumbled as he then placed a cloth over his face and acted like he wasn't there since it made him feel at peace. "I cannot wait to be with Yoongi. You two are tiring."

Although Jimin said the vehicle wouldn't make it very far, they made it pretty far before the truck started to run out of gas. Nowhere near Seoul but they made it pretty far. A lot of the main roads were blocked off. Either by all the vehicles or by the dead which made them turn around almost 99% of the time until eventually, the truck started to slow from the lack of gas they had. "We should find shelter," Jungkook said while unbuckling his seatbelt while Taehyung was already hopping out with Jimin. The two agreed as they grabbed the bags. "You need to get on my back?" Jungkook asked Jimin but was already on his knee waiting for Jimin to get on.

Noticing how Jimin was going to refuse, Taehyung pushed him a bit to get onto Jungkook which the boy did. Not in the mood to argue as then gave Taehyung a death stare. "Let's just keep going forward. Something should come up right?" Taehyung looked at Jungkook who opened his mouth but stopped as he nodded and went with it as he started walking forward with Jimin on his back. Jimin looked confused as he looked back at Taehyung. Pursing his lips, Taehyung nodded to himself and followed behind the two. Not for long though since Jungkook stopped to look at Taehyung who stopped walking too. "Walk in front of me. I can't see you when you're behind me." Jungkook motioned for Taehyung to get ahead of him.

"But- I want to keep watch in the back just in case. I can tell you if anything is coming." Taehyung pointed at the back to get his point across. "Get in front of me Taehyung." Jungkook didn't seem to care though and so Taehyung huffed and got in front of Jungkook, continuing his walk. Luckily their walk was quiet but it certainly was long before they came across a corner store. Stopping in front of Jungkook, Taehyung looked at the boy who was already looking at the store. "It's our only choice." Taehyung looked at Jungkook since the sun was setting already. Nodding, Jungkook put Jimin down before he brought out his weapon which Jimin was holding since Jimin had to do something instead of just chilling on his back. "I'll go check the area."

It didn't take Jungkook long though since the store was already cleared out and trashed. No sign of the dead anywhere as he motioned for the two to go over. Clearing a pathway for Jimin as he then chucked open the back room. Not the best smelling place but it had to do for them. Not like they haven't slept in places like so before. "I'll find something to block the door. Get comfortable." Jungkook told the two as he then walked off. Wanting to be of help, Taehyung got Jimin settled and walked out of the room to help Jungkook who was collecting some things around the store. As Taehyung did that though, he found himself looking at Jungkook every now and then.

The boy seemed a bit off? Like he was confused and lost almost but then he would regain whatever consciousness he had left and continue on. Which was starting to worry Taehyung and so he approached the boy but the minute he did, Jungkook toppled over onto the floor from feeling light-headed and dizzy. "Jungkook!"