.17

The next day Jungkook woke up on the mattress as Taehyung and Jimin looked at the map. Only getting a few glances towards the two who were focused on the map. Mumbles of their words heard as Jungkook slowly pushed himself up. Still half asleep but he felt like he slept for long enough and so he rubbed his eyes and grunted lowly. "Oh! He isn't dead!" Jimin caught gaze of Jungkook as he looked away from the map. "How unfortunate." Jimin sighed as Taehyung lightly hit Jimin's arm. "Oh shut up." Taehyung chuckled as he grabbed a water bottle and handed it over to Jungkook who was still kind of confused but managed to smile.

It took a while for Jungkook to come out of his sleeping state before he took a few sips of water. Remembering he drank quite a lot of water last night and they had limited water so he didn't want to waste it. "What are you two doing?" Jungkook rested his head against the wall. "If we take the train tracks it should lead us straight to Seoul. We're avoiding the road and it would be faster, kind of." Jimin spoke up as he then circled the places he and Taehyung were talking about before giving the map to Jungkook who had his eyebrows furrowed from Jimin's words.

"But the dead-" Jungkook started but Taehyung spoke up after Jungkook did. "The dead are everywhere. It's risky using the train tracks but it's riskier using the roads." Taehyung got up and grabbed a bag. "Wait- right now?" Jungkook looked a bit surprised as the two boys got up and were packing up. "You're good aren't you?" Jimin questioned. "Well- I mean, yeah but-" Jungkook stopped talking once Jimin tossed a bag onto the boys lap. "Then lets go." Jimin grabbed his crutch and was leaving the back room within seconds. Jungkook baffled by the the two and how fast they planned to leave. Jungkook literally just woke up.

Opening his mouth, Jungkook wanted to say something but instead he grunted and grabbed the bag. Walking out of the back room, Jungkook swung his bag over his shoulder and saw the two already out of the building. The sun was shining through the trees as they entered back into the woods. "Should take us at least a few hours before we hit the tracks." Jimin said to Taehyung who nodded. Looking behind to check on Jungkook who was sorting out his weapons onto his waist. That belt must have been helpful huh? Shrugging his shoulders back, Taehyung kept at his pace.

Sharing a few granola bars with each other, the three had a fairly calming walk. Hearing nothing but the nature around them and the leafs of course but other than that? It was nice. "You think Namjoon and the rest are waiting for us?" Jimin asked Taehyung who gulped but nodded without hesitation. "They are, okay? Yoongi would never leave you. Them leaving- they had to have had a reason." Taehyung nibbled on his lip. "Are you guys running on a schedule or?" Jungkook could be heard in the back, keeping the two boys in front of him as he stayed back.

Looking back at Jungkook, Taehyung furrowed his eyebrows. "Well-... kind of. We all split up in two's and had a specific time to meet at the school. We all promised that if we weren't there within the next few hours of that time limit, they'd leave. Whoever made it back." Taehyung explained to Jungkook. "Which reminds me, We need to not set that rule ever again." Jimin spoke up once remembering that they were the ones who made up that rule. "And I can't believe Yoongi went with the rule. I'm the love of his life aren't I?" Jimin rambled on about Yoongi.

"Yoongi?" Jungkook questioned quietly but Taehyung heard that. "Yoongi as in Jimin's boyfriend and one of the people in our group." Taehyung informed Jungkook who scoffed almost right away. "Shorty has a boyfriend? Wow." Jungkook snorted which caught Jimin's attention as he looked at Jungkook with a glaring look. The look was able to shut Jungkook up as he looked forward and tried not to laugh. "Speaking of lovers, where's your high school sweetheart huh?" Jimin suddenly brought up which made Jungkook furrow his eyebrows out of confusion but it only took him a minute to get what Jimin was saying.

"Luna?" Jungkook questioned and honestly, it felt weird saying his ex's name. It's been so long since he actually thought about her. "To you yes, lunatic to us." Jimin mumbled as Taehyung then nudged at Jimin's shoulder. Not wanting Jungkook to know that the two boys called his ex that certain name. "Dead?" Jungkook simply answered since he wasn't sure where she was. Jungkook doesn't know where his 'friends' were the day of the virus. Jungkook barely even remembers what happened the day of the virus. How it came to be. All he remembers is there was a group of people willing to help him and so he took the help. His group, Kim Yugyeom, Cha Eunwoo and Xu Minghao.

"Way to sugarcoat it." Jimin cleared his throat as Jungkook then shrugged. "I assume so. She was afraid of everything. She couldn't even kill a bug so I doubt she could kill one of the dead." Jungkook looked at the two boys who nodded but Jungkook was more focused on Taehyung's facial expression although it was kind of dull. "What if she was alive though? I mean, I wasn't afraid of bugs-" Jimin scoffed at Taehyung's wording. "Well- some bugs but I never thought I would be here killing people... that were already dead but... life happens you know?" Taehyung kept quiet since he was between both boys and he assumed they could hear him good.

"Maybe." Jungkook nodded to Taehyung's words. "Shouldn't you be a little bit concerned if she was dead or alive?" Taehyung asked Jungkook since in high school, Jungkook always referred to Luna as the love of his life. "I- alright, since when were we discussing Luna? Last time I check, she was not any of your concern and even if she was alive-" Jungkook stopped along with the other two boys once they heard screaming. It wasn't just one scream either, it was multiple. "Let's go." Jungkook grabbed the two boys and started to run the opposite direction but Jimin stopped only because his crutch was not coopering but as he stopped- he heard a certain scream.

Jimin only ever heard that scream when Yoongi was screaming for him- and not in bed terms. "Tae-" Jimin froze in his place as Taehyung did too which only confused Jungkook. "Taehyung- Tae that sounds like-" Then just as Taehyung got the gist, they heard another scream. "Namjoon... Joon! That's Namjoon!" Taehyung pulled his arm away from Jungkook and was taking off the same direction the yelling was coming from. Already bringing out his katana as he ran through the woods. "Taehyung!" Jungkook yelled and was running the moment Taehyung was running off. Jimin trying to hop along but that didn't work out as much but still! he was okay.

"Namjoon! Joon!" Taehyung yelled out. "Taehyung?! Taehyung!! Tae!!!" Namjoon started yelling once he heard the certain voice screaming his name. Though before Taehyung could make it into view, Jungkook had grabbed Taehyung and pushed him up against a tree. Clamping his hand on Taehyung's mouth as the boy tried to fight off Jungkook. "Shut up." Jungkook said sternly but in a whisper. That's when Taehyung heard the screeching. Runners... his group was being surrounded by runners. As for Namjoon, the boy had just gotten onto a decaying shed with Yoongi after splitting up with Seokjin and Hoseok. The boys decided to camp out near the decaying shed and since they had a late night, the four slept in until Seokjin heard screeching.

In that moment everyone had a fight or flight and who choose to flee? Seokjin and Hoseok but not without screaming bloody murder. Namjoon being the smart one and heading for the shed. Although it looked like it was about to collapse, he had no choice but to get onto the roof with Yoongi who followed Namjoon. Though just as Yoongi got on, one of the boards broke and Yoongi was falling right through until Namjoon caught him but still, Yoongi's legs were out in the open and as they were, one of the dead grabbed onto Yoongi's leg which made the boy scream.

Kicking the dead right in the face a few times, Yoongi was free and Namjoon was quick to pull the boy up. Until yet another board broke and it was Namjoon's. Falling face first until Yoongi grabbed his shirt and had his leg against one of the creaking boards to keep Namjoon up. "Agh Fuck!" Namjoon yelled out loud, his shirt streching and as he realized Yoongi caught him, the dead was already reaching for Namjoon's hair. Pulling himself up with the help of Yoongi, the two boys looked at each other in horror until they heard Taehyung's voice.

Within a few moments though, they saw a random boy come out from behind the trees. The shed was creaking, about to fall from the dead pushing against the old boards and such but then the male shot his gun a few times to get the attention of the dead. "Wait- what the fuck is he doing?!" Yoongi looked at the random male who started to run once the dead noticed him. The runners easily distracted as they averted their attention to the running male. "Come on!" Taehyung yelled once the runners were chasing after Jungkook- god this plan better work.