.04

Setting Taehyung down against an abandoned vehicle, Jungkook then walked over to the trunk. They've been walking for at least two hours now and when they reached the road, there were tons and tons of vehicles. Not in the best shape obviously but with all the vehicles around them there had to be a lot of the dead around and so Jungkook scoped out one vehicle that was more rundown and didn't look like it was worth scavenging. As Jungkook emptied out the trunk, Taehyung sat in the back seat and slowly started to take off his shoe along with his sock.

Looking at his ankle, Taehyung hissed when he saw the bruise that was forming into a dark purple with a hint of red. The veins popped out and his ankle was badly bruised. The swelling wasn't so bad but at the same time, it was probably because he wasn't walking on his foot. Still, though, it did hurt to move his ankle. "Are you dumb?" Jungkook said to Taehyung after watching him play around with his ankle. "With an ankle like that you shouldn't be playing around with it. It's not helping." Jungkook said while looking at Taehyung.

Pulling his shirt up and placing the fabric in his mouth to hold it there, Jungkook grabbed at the string in his pants and pulled it out. "Now come on. It's late. We'll get going when the sun is up." Jungkook motioned Taehyung towards the trunk as he got the string attached so he could bring down the hood of the trunk. Taehyung chuckled breathlessly though. "There is no way I'm getting in that trunk with you." He scoffed at Jungkook. "Suit yourself. I'll sleep in the trunk alone." Jungkook scoffed back at Jungkook who shook his head.

"How about I sleep in the trunk without you? Sounds perfect to me." Taehyung suggested while hopping towards the trunk on his one leg while holding the car at the same time. "Oh yeah?" Jungkook said only to have Taehyung mocking him right after. "Yeah? Yeah? shut the fuck up Taehyung." Jungkook pushed Taehyung into the trunk and gently grabbed his feet to put them in before Jungkook got in himself. Quick to grab the string and slowly began to close the trunk. Making sure not to close it all the way but enough while Taehyung grunted from the push.

Taehyung couldn't help but hit Jungkook's shoulder the moment he realized what happened. "What the fuck was that?" Though instead of getting an explanation, Jungkook simply said, "Goodnight Taehyung." in the calmest voice. The sudden switch in emotions had Taehyung baffled but honestly? He didn't care anymore. Fighting with Jeon Jungkook all day was tiring enough. Though... he guesses he couldn't really complain. Jungkook really did help him today. If anything he could have been dead so.. dropping the topic, Taehyung turned towards where the seats were up front and breathed out slowly.

"I'll keep watch tonight. Rest up." Jungkook whispered out but it was enough for Taehyung to hear. Not having a problem with that, Taehyung hummed lowly and that was all that came from the two for the rest of the night.

When Taehyung woke up, he turned around to see that he was alone. Still kind of out of it, he turned over fully but winced when he felt the subtle pain from his ankle. Just knowing he was moving around his ankle so much during the night made him mentally sigh out loud but instead, he pushed open the hood of the trunk slowly with his good foot. Checking the surroundings and listened before he fully opened the trunk just to be blinded by the sun. Squinting as he blocked the sun with his hand before taking a minute to adjust to the light, he then saw Jungkook sitting just outside the trunk.

There Taehyung found Jungkook who was sharpening his knife before he noticed the trunk opening. "You sleep like a log you know that?" Jungkook said while looking at Taehyung. Watching the boy look around confused for a moment before he started to come out of the vehicle but he let his legs dangle. "Which is concerning since you live in a world where the dead will rip you up in seconds." Jungkook look back at his knife and checked the sharpness.

"Fair but you said you'd keep watch so I took advantage." Taehyung cleared his throat and looked at Jungkook who gave a small smile and nodded. Humming, Jungkook slowly stood up. "Suns been up for an hour now. We should get going soon if we want to find proper shelter." That made Taehyung furrow his eyebrows and slightly cock his head to the side. "...Shelter? I thought we were finding Jimin. The whole reason we're together right now. I need to find Jimin." Taehyung made it clear to Jungkook who turned back to Taehyung, giving a light huff.

"With your foot like that? Do you expect me to carry you everywhere?" Jungkook looked at Taehyung's ankle as he then approached the boy to check out his ankle but Taehyung only moved his leg away. "With or without you I will find Jimin. You want to find shelter? Go. I'm going to find Jimin, even if I have to hop on one leg. I'm finding Jimin." Taehyung grabbed his katana from the spot he was sleeping and got up from the trunk, still keeping off his one foot. As Jungkook watched Taehyung all he could do was keep a straight face.

With the thoughts running through his head, Jungkook shut them out as he sighed and started to kneel in front of Taehyung, rolling his eyes as he looked toward the vehicles. "Just shut up and get on Taehyung." Baffled by the sudden switch up, Taehyung only stared down Jungkook's back before he smiled to himself. Jungkook was like a little puppy but- whatever, he was offering and so Taehyung slowly wrapped his arms around Jungkook's neck and held on with the bag that was soon wrapped around him. "You could be so stubborn sometimes you know that? It's quite annoying." Jungkook continued on with his words.

"And yet you keep offering me to get on your back," Taehyung mumbled to Jungkook who started walking. "Like I have a choice. Should I just watch you hop off?" Jungkook snorted from the imagery in his head. "Well- you could look the other way. It's awkward when you word it like that, idiot." Taehyung argued back with Jungkook who didn't give in either. "Either way! You're the one deciding to follow me. I'm not asking for your help you know that right? You're allowed to leave me whenever you please. You're nothing but a pain in my ass." Taehyung made it clear to Jungkook who kept walking but his facial expression was quite annoyed.

"Pain in your ass? You're the pain in my ass Taehyung. You've been on my ass since the moment you saw me and the moment you woke up." Jungkook said annoyingly, clicking his tongue. "Because you're a dick!" Taehyung said loud and clear, without hesitation. "Why'd you save me anyway huh? I was just a nobody to you. To you, I'm just somebody that was head over heels for you right? And may I add, liking you was a waste of my time so sorry I'm not all sunshine and rainbows about seeing you again!" Taehyung talked loudly into Jungkook's ear which made the boy hiss.

"You're still hung up on that? Seriously? You should be more concerned about surviving in this hell of a world." Jungkook was quick to change the subject which only made Taehyung want to punch his stupid big head. "You know what? Let's just stay quiet. Time is ticking and we need to get back to the neighborhood. Just- shut up Jungkook." Taehyung sighed but thankfully Jungkook shut his trap which was all Taehyung wanted and truthfully? Jungkook was happy that Taehyung shut his trap too.