Let's stay strong

THE UNKNOWN STALKER PART 28....
the_seven_signs

Taehyung's POV-

As we strolled away from the place, Y/N avoided making eye contact with me, and I, in turn, refrained from disturbing her. She broke the silence, suggesting we take a break at the nearby Citizens Park before heading home.

"Ah, there's a charming park nearby. Let's go there for a while. I could use some rest before we head back home!" she proposed, glancing at me.

I simply nodded, following her lead. After a short five-minute walk, we reached the park. We proceeded together and settled on a bench facing a serene pond nestled within the park.

Y/N took a deep breath, her gaze shifting from the full moon to me, a smile adorning her face. Puzzled, I gazed back at her, struggling to comprehend her unspoken message, but she merely shrugged.

"I find solace here—the fresh air, the tranquility, the floral scent, and having you by my side," she expressed, leaning back slightly to find comfort on the seat.

"Oh, me?" I questioned, still perplexed. She nodded, her eyes fixated on me.

"Yes, you. Besides Soojin, you're one of the few people I'm closest to. It feels good to be with someone you share a deep bond with," she confessed, and I found myself staring at her. She chuckled at my reaction.

"Aren't you hungry? None of us have eaten since morning, and it's nearly midnight now."

"Actually, I don't feel hungry because I have a habit of suppressing my hunger—" I abruptly halted my sentence, placing my hand over my mouth, realizing my foolishness for sharing such personal information with Y/N.

"Wait, what—what did you just say!?"

"Ah, it's nothing, really," I began, but before I could continue, Y/N embraced me.

"Taehyung-ah, what else do you keep hidden from me? Like Jungkook... He's gone now, and I'll never know what tormented him enough to take his own life. But that doesn't mean the people I still have around me should endure the same pain..." Her grip on me loosened, and she gazed into my eyes.

"Why would you suppress your hunger?" Y/N questioned with concern.

"Well, you see, living in a small apartment and working, there are times when I don't have the opportunity to eat. So, I end up drinking water and suppressing my hunger," I explained.

"Taehyung, listen carefully. From now on, I will make sure you have food. You won't have a say in this matter. Whether you eat with me or without me, that's up to you, but you will accept the food, understood!?" she declared with determination.

I gave her a small smile, knowing that I couldn't argue with her. She turned away, her gaze fixed on the moon, admiring its beauty.

"It's beautiful, isn't it?" she asked, still captivated by the moon.

"Yeah, it is undoubtedly the most beautiful thing," I responded, not referring to the moon itself but to my own moon, Y/N.

Two days after the funeral - Y/N's POV -

"Who is calling so early in the morning?" I groaned and sat up, looking at my phone incessantly ringing. To my surprise, it was Taehyung calling me. We had never spoken over the phone in the past nine months since I arrived here; our communication had been limited to texting.

With a thousand thoughts swirling in my mind, I answered the call.

"Hello?"

"Hi, good morning, Y/N! Wakey wakey!" I heard his voice, and it seemed like he was jogging.