The grand wedding of the town

THE UNKNOWN STALKER PART 39...
The_seven_signs

Three days before the wedding-

I found myself lost in a whirlwind of emotions. It seemed unreal that just two months ago, I was a recent graduate eagerly preparing to join my father's business. And now, here I was, selecting a wedding dress. Life can be so capricious and unjust.

Lost in my thoughts, I mumbled to myself, only to be interrupted by my mother's voice. "Y/n, my dear, what are you muttering about?" She held a long, white dress in her hands, waiting for my approval.

"Oh, nothing, Mom," I replied, attempting to mask my inner turmoil. "Let me have a look at that dress." I pointed towards a beautifully crafted gown on a mannequin, and a helpful assistant promptly brought it over for me to try on.

After ten minutes, I gazed at my reflection in the mirror. "Oh my, Y/n, this dress looks absolutely stunning on you! It's like a fairytale come true. I think it was designed specifically for you. What do you think?"

I mustered a smile and replied, "Yes, Mom, after tirelessly searching for the so-called perfect wedding dress for nine hours, I believe this is the best one. It fits my body type beautifully, and the long veil complements it perfectly. Yes, I like this one. Let's get it."

"Very well, dear. Is there anything else you fancy here?" my mother inquired.

"To be honest, Mom, no. The jewelry I'm currently wearing was suggested by the designer and it pairs splendidly with this gown. I'm done here. Can we please head back home now? I'm exhausted and in dire need of a nap."

Chuckling, my mother agreed, "Of course, dear. Let's pack this order and have it delivered to the registered address tomorrow morning."

Back at the Lee mansion, my father excitedly called me over to admire the magnificent decorations in the wedding hall. As I prepared to ascend the stairs, I took a deep breath and stepped back, walking towards my father at the bar with a tired yet content smile on my face.

"Dad," I replied, taking a seat as he gestured for me to join him.

He showed me the iPad screen, and there, Uncle Junghun appeared on a video call, beaming with pride as he showcased the magnificently decorated wedding hall. Every detail was meticulously crafted, resembling a scene from a royal era. The best part was that everything was in mine and Taehyung's favorite colors, white and purple.

Nodding in approval, I glanced back at my dad, who seemed satisfied with my reaction. He advised me to go and get some rest, finally acknowledging the exhaustion that clung to my bones after a long and hectic day of selecting wedding essentials.

Just as I was about to drift off into a well-deserved sleep, my phone rudely interrupted, forcing me to groan in frustration. Seeing the caller ID, I had no choice but to answer.

"Hello, Taehyung?"

"Hello, Y/n. How are you?"

"How am I? Do you really think I'm doing well? I'm hungry, dehydrated, and above all, exhausted... but yeah, I'm 'good,'" I replied, my tone laced with a hint of sarcasm.

"Oh, oops. My bad for asking such a silly question. Anyways, I called to let you know that I'll be coming to pick you up tomorrow. My dad wants to talk to you about something important at sharp 10 o'clock. Please be ready."