Is it a 'Yes or a No?'

THE UNKNOWN STALKER PART 38....
The_seven_signs

Y/n pov-

I gracefully bow before the assembled crowd, walking towards my parents who stand proudly beside me. I shoot them a meaningful glance, urging Uncle Kim to take notice.

"Oh, my dear, you must stand at the center of the stage with your future husband and give us your answer," Uncle Kim cheerfully insists, gesturing for Taehyung and me to step forward.

One last time, I steal a glance at my mom and dad. They offer me a subtle nod, encouraging me to proceed. Taking a deep breath, I find myself in the spotlight, handed the microphone by the MC.

I gather my composure, inhaling deeply before addressing the audience. "Good evening, ladies and gentlemen. I am honored to have you all here, sharing this momentous occasion with us. Allow me to address the announcement that was just made—a decision that I must make here and now, and one that carries great significance in my life. Trusting in the wisdom of my parents and elders, I am compelled to embrace this path. Therefore, my answer to this news is a resounding 'yes.' I will marry the remarkable heir and son of Mr. Kim, Kim Taehyung, and embark on a prosperous journey together. Thank you sincerely for your presence, prayers, and unwavering support for our company." With a smile, I bow before the crowd.

Turning to my right, I catch Taehyung's astonished expression. Offering him a gentle smile, I walk toward my parents, who cheer and congratulate me.

"So, it is settled. The wedding will take place next week, and we extend our warm invitation to all of you to join us in this grand celebration of our love and union. We deeply appreciate your presence and hope you continue to enjoy the festivities," my father concludes. My eyes widen, my face mirroring my disbelief as I gaze at him, silently asking, "Is this really happening?"

As soon as I step off the stage, I urgently grab my parents and Uncle Kim, leading them away to a secluded spot where we can discuss the chaos they have just thrust upon my life.

"Are you serious? How could you make such a monumental decision without even consulting me? And then, you casually announce it to a crowd of people as if it were a mere joke? This is about marriage, for heaven's sake! How could you do this to me? It's only been a month since I graduated, and I had dreams and aspirations to pursue!" I scream at them, my voice filled with anguish and tears welling up in my eyes.

My mother steps closer, enveloping me in a tight embrace, offering comfort and solace.

"Y/n, sweetheart, we are truly sorry for making such a decision without informing you. But please understand that this was a deal that your father made with Mr. Kim two years ago. From the very first day they met, it was agreed that once both you and Taehyung graduated, we would arrange a marriage between the two of you for the future success of our companies. Over the past two years, our business has flourished, expanding to other countries with Mr. Kim's invaluable support. We wouldn't have achieved such growth without him, and we felt obligated to fulfill the terms of our agreement," Mom explains, her tears streaming down my shoulders.

"Yes, dear, and now that the business is thriving, we had to honor the commitment," Dad adds, gripping my hands tightly.

"Y/n, sweetheart, please understand that we would never do anything that would harm you. We have observed Taehyung closely, and he is a wonderful person who loves you deeply. He's not just your best friend, but he will also take care of you just as we do. We believe you both will navigate this path together with ease," Uncle Junghun interjects, and my mom nods in agreement.

"You have made your decision in front of so many people, and now we hope you embrace it and welcome this new phase of your life with open arms," Dad concludes, pulling me into a hug.