Entangled emotions

THE UNKNOWN STALKER PART 50....
the_seven_signs

Taehyung's POV-

In the dimly lit pub, I couldn't tear my eyes away from Y/N. She was there, at quite a distance, surrounded by her group of friends: Jisyoung, Soojin, Namjoon, Yeonjun, Hyunjin, Jungwon, and Felix. Tonight was a rare chance for them all to unwind and forget the stresses of their daily lives.

I watched as Y/N downed one vodka shot after another. Hyunjin seized her hand, guiding her to the dance floor, where she was free to let herself go to the music. Yeonjun and Jungwon quickly joined her, their laughter adding to the club's atmosphere. Felix and Jisyoung also jumped in, their affectionate dance moves prompting mixed reactions from those around them.

As a waiter passed by with a tray of liquor bottles, Y/N impulsively grabbed one, uncorked it, and chugged down half of its contents. The surrounding patrons gasped in surprise, and her giggles transformed into a tipsy stumble. She ended up climbing onto a table, capturing the entire club's attention.

With a cheeky grin, she addressed the crowd, "Hahaha, aren't you all here to have a good time? Well, that's what we're all here for, to savor life's finest moments. But me? I'm here to chase away lingering grief and sorrow, to shed the weight of my past, my marriage to my best friend—or, oops, I mean my husband. He was everything to me, my sanctuary, my solace, just not my love. He betrayed me, left me shattered..."

Her voice trailed off as Namjoon gently pulled her down from the table. She whimpered in his arms, as namjoon entrusted Soojin with the task of calling Jimin to ensure her safe journey home. Eventually, Y/N fell asleep in Namjoon's embrace, her whimpers resembling those of a drowsy child.

As I watched this scene unfold from a distance, I was left utterly bewildered by Y/N's actions. I struggled to make sense of it all, frozen in my place, an unobtrusive observer to the enigma that was Y/N.

Moments later, a striking man dashed into the pub with a sense of urgency, scanning the room before homing in on Y/N and her friends huddled in a corner. I strained to hear their conversation from my vantage point, but it was just beyond my reach. He cast a disapproving glance at Y/N before gently sweeping her sleeping form into his arms, his expression marked with concern.

He bid farewell to the rest of the group, and I began to recall that this was the same man whose niece Y/N used to babysit. I'd seen him once at our dining table, and I'd been irked by their close association. It was Jimin, I remembered as I turned to look back, but he had already disappeared from the pub. Scanning the room, I realized that Y/N was nowhere to be found.

Hurriedly, I exited the club, determined not to lose sight of them. From a distance, I witnessed Jimin carefully seating Y/N in the front of his Porsche before joining her and driving away. As Jimin drove away, I swiftly took to my car, determined to follow them, out of suspicion and to ensure Y/N's safety. I trailed them to her apartment, where Jimin gently carried her inside, guiding her into the elevator. I stood there, like an onlooker, silently watching over her well-being.

Back at the Kim Stone Mansion-

I locked myself inside my room, the whispers and thoughts racing through my mind, like a relentless storm. I stared at my reflection in the mirror, my frustration evident as I clutched my head in my hands.

"Why do you think Y/N did that? Does she still hold onto memories of us, our shared moments? Do they weigh on her heart as heavily as they do on mine? What could be the reason, and what might she have said next if Namjoon hadn't intervened?" I mumbled, searching for answers within my own reflection.

A deep voice, my inner self, V, answered back, "I doubt Y/N is dwelling on our past, Taehyung. She seems content in her life, surrounded by new people who provide her with the attention and affection she needs. Why would she even entertain thoughts of you and me? We should focus on ensuring that she remains connected to us, regardless of any competing lovers. We'll be the ones who are with her until the end, a love that binds us to her, an unbreakable connection."