Fractured desires: the dual struggle

THE UNKNOWN STALKER PART 47.....
the_seven_signs

3 month's later-

I stood in the middle of the spacious living room, surrounded by cardboard boxes filled with memories and essentials. It was my first day in this new apartment, a place I had chosen to live independently after my divorce from Taehyung. The pain inside me was still raw, not because I loved him, but because he had been my best friend, someone I trusted blindly, and he betrayed me by being involved in the underworld.

But I was determined to move on and pursue my dream of becoming a gynecologist, the path I had always wanted to follow before my marriage. So, despite the heartache, I threw myself into training, and I found solace in loving what I was doing.

Now, here I was, in Seoul's biggest tower, far away from my dad's grand mansion. I had tried to tell him that I didn't need such a lavish house, but he couldn't bear to see me in any old apartment. After the trauma with Taehyung, he wanted me close, and at least he could provide a better place for me to live in. I could afford the rent, so I didn't argue much and settled in here.

Flashback 1 month back-

I sat down with my dad in the elegant living room of his grand mansion, trying to explain my decision to live independently. He was reluctant at first, not wanting to see me live alone, especially after all the pain I had been through with Taehyung. But I knew I had to stand my ground and make him understand why being independent was crucial for me.

"Dad," I began, taking a deep breath, "I appreciate everything you've done for me, and I love you for it. But I need to be strong and independent morally. It's not about running away from you or our family. It's about finding my own strength and identity outside the walls of this mansion."

Tears welled up in my eyes as I continued, "I can't depend on someone else for my happiness or security like I've in my past. I want to prove to myself that I can stand on my own feet, face challenges, and make my dreams come true. Pursuing my career as a gynecologist is important to me, and living independently will give me the space to focus and grow."

My dad listened intently, his expression softening as he saw the determination in my eyes. He knew he couldn't hold me back from my dreams, even if it meant letting me go.

After a moment of silence, he finally spoke, "I understand, and I respect your decision. If you believe that living independently will make you stronger and happier, then I'll support you. But there's no way I can see my daughter living in any old dusty apartment."

I nodded, grateful for his understanding, "I know, Dad. I promise you, I'll take care of myself, and I can afford the rent for the place you're offering me. I won't let you down."

He smiled warmly, reaching out to hold my hand, "I know you won't, dear. I trust you, and I'm proud of the woman you're becoming. You have my blessing to live in the apartment all by your own. Just remember, no matter where you are, you'll always be close to my heart."

Tears of gratitude filled my eyes as I hugged him tightly, "Thank you, Dad. Your support means everything to me."

Back to today-

And so, with my father's reluctant but loving approval, I moved into the grand apartment in Seoul's biggest tower. It was a symbol of both my independence and the unwavering love my family had for me.

As I unpacked my belongings, I felt a mix of emotions—freedom and fear intertwined. It was liberating to be on my own, struggling and striving to be a strong, independent woman. No longer living off the life served by my parents, I embraced the challenge of being self-reliant.