Chapter 8

Damon's POV
She just left. I almost ran after her. Almost.

"Damon?" Lyles asked.

I turned around from glaring at the black grilled cheese.

"What?" I spat.

"Goddess, what happened?" He asked, pointing at the smoke from the grilled cheese.

"What do you want Lyles," I asked impatiently.

"Don't use that tone with me. I still am your older brother, so you shouldn't be able to use that alpha tone with me. You know I was supposed to be the alpha." He commanded. "The Valentino's require you contact them urgently." He informed before walking out.

I sighed, placing my fingers on the bridge of my nose. I walked into my office and Jax and Lyles were already in there.

Lyles held a phone out for me and held up a finger to his mouth.

I picked up the phone and held it to my ear.

"Alpha Lancaster," I greeted.

"Lancaster," He angrily hissed over the phone.

"Blackstone," I smirked. I waved Jax and Lyle out and they closed the door. I went and took a seat behind my desk and turned around to face the window, but there was that familiar red dot in the corner.

God damn her.

"Give her back," He commanded.

"Sorry nope." I said, mocking sadness.

I smile up at the camera before flipping her off. I really should disable that system when she's in there.

"Damon, you realize that we have allies. Many. And you taking the soon to be luna from us is an act of war, so they wouldn't mind going to war with you." He snided.

"Well, she still is a soon to be luna." I looked directly at the camera before continuing, "In fact, were having the ceremony in two days." I smiled an heard a screech from upstairs before I heard stomps.

"What was that?" He asked, sounding on edge.

"My luna. Goodbye Blackwood." I rushed out, hanging up just as the door slammed open.

"No." She hissed.

"No what, dear?" I said in mock cluelessness.

"You know what I'm talking about asshole. No fucking way." Her nostrils were flaring and her beautiful sparkling green eyes had dilated and lightened?

I stood up and started to walk towards her. "You know, profanity is a dangerous thing to use when talking to me, especially after your whole blowup in the kitchen." She started to back away.

"You can't call me a whore and get away with it," She threatened.

Seeming to have learned her lesson, she turned before she backed into the wall an started to back up towards the front door.

"Well when you act like a whore, I sure as hell am able to call you out on it." That's all it took for her eyes to go all white.

Emerald's POV
I hoped my eyes weren't showing when I went up to him and slapped him as had as I could across his face.

"Fuck you." I snarled before running out the front door. I couldn't shift, not here, so I had to run in my human form, which was definitely slower.

I heard shouts behind me but I didn't stop. People all stared at me, but I didn't care. I needed out of here, right now.

I heard clothes ripping apart behind me and it only encouraged me to run faster. Just as I had stepped into the forest a midnight black wolf appeared in front of me with grey blue eyes and instantly I knew who it was.