Chapter 28

Emeralds POV
A knock on the door made all of us quiet down our laughter.

"Come in," Eve called. A guard stepped in and bowed at the presence of his previous Luna.

"Luna," He addressed Eve. "Dinner is ready. The alphas and your mates are all downstairs."

"Thank you, Curt." She replied sweetly. We all stood up and made our way downstairs, myself being the last to get downstairs.

When we got into the dining room the other three made their way to their mates, and Damon walked towards me. He stood in front of me and smiled.

"How did it go?" He asked after a second of looking at my face.

"It was... interesting. Your mother can be intimidating, maybe even more than you." I smiled up at him and we made our way to the table, him taking the seat at the far end, and me taking the seat on his right. Damon's father, Garrett, ended up sitting next to me, and Eve next to him. Everybody else filled in next to their mates.

Other wolves from the pack filled in to give us our food, which consisted of spaghetti and meatballs, salad, and garlic bread. Friendly conversation went around, but I noticed some tension between Damon and his father.

"Is everything alright between you and your father?" I mind linked Damon.

He just looked at me with a raised eyebrow.

"I get that you can't answer me, but you could at least shake your head." I said to him through the link, rolling my eyes.

Damon continued to leave me without an answer as he ate.

I noticed from across the table that Valery and Oliver were watching Damon and I like hawks. Did we do something? Were they waiting for something?

Ugh, could you just stop staring? I thought to myself.

Valery tensed up. "What- what was that?" She whispered to Oliver.

Shoot, did I accidentally link that to her? I didn't mean to, I've never accidentally done something like that before.

"What was what babe?" Oliver asked her, looking at her slightly scared face.

"Somebody said something." She whispered back. Whispering was useless at this point, all conversation had ceased to listen to what Valery had to say. Damon nudged me with his foot under the table. I looked over at him and he had his eyebrows raised, as if asking me what I did.

"I- I didn't mean to, I was just thinking to myself about the fact that she was staring, and then I accidentally linked it to her. I've never done that before." I told him.

This time it was Lyles that tensed up. He stood up, making his chair back up.

"What's going on?" He asked firmly.

Ren placed her hand on his. "What happened?"

Valery looked up at her brother with understanding. "Did you get the weird mind link too?"

Lyles nodded, sitting back down slowly, as if he were afraid something was going to attack him at any second.

"Maybe everybody should just go to their rooms, considering all of us are done eating." Damon suggested, not taking his eyes off me.

"That would be a good idea." Eve agreed, already getting up with her plate. Everyone followed, dropping their plates off in the sink before exiting the kitchen. Everybody else decided that going into the living room would be a fun thing to do, but Damon and I made our way upstairs. I could tell Damon was mad at me, probably thinking I'm messing around with his family just to mess with him. I entered our room first, walking over to the bed and standing by my side. Damon entered and shut the door behind him.