Chapter 60

last chapter in 3rd person POV I promise 😘 this chapter is longer than most of my recent ones so enjoy!

No one really knew for sure who had heard it first. But within minutes, half the pack was crowded outside of the Alpha couple's bedroom door. Some were crying with joy, some were talking animatedly with other pack members about how they truly have been blessed by the goddess, and some were aching to see if it really was true.

But word had gotten around the minute his heart had started beating as Emerald's had. They knew their Alpha was alive.

Inside the room, however, were only a few people. Damon's siblings, Valery and Lyles were there, as well as their mates, Oliver and a very, very pregnant Ren. The other high ranked wolves were present, Will in the corner, not truly believing this, and Jax siting in a chair near the bed, happy and relieved. He always helped Damon run the enormous pack, but he had never done it alone. It was practically impossible, especially since the temporary beta, Will, hadn't been of much help, as he was in doubt of Damon's return.

The doctors were practically scratching their cocked heads. What had happened was medically impossible, inexplainable, and they were at a loss for what their next step would be.

But with a smile by the window was Alec. He knew he was right. Damon did come back, and he was in favor of the goddess. Damon and Emerald both were.

"Fuck." Damon groaned, his first words in days. His voice was crackly, and Valery, sobbing again, quickly handed him a glass of water.

"Damon!" She sobbed out, after he had thrown back his small cup. Her arms wrapped around his large shoulders, and she practically squeezed the recently returned life out of him.

"Valery, too much." He croaked out.

She glared at him. "You were dead. I get this."

He couldn't help but pat her on the back, not as happy as everyone else in the room. Sure, he was alive. But he still didn't have Emerald.

"How do you feel?" Valery asked after she finally turned away.

Damon felt many things. Discomforted that all eyes were on him sleeping, angry that he still didn't have his mate, saddened that he didn't have his mate, and confused by everything. He had as little a clue of what had happened as everyone else. He remembered training with Alec, and then he fell, and then he was in excruciating pain, but then he was numb. Then he heard her voice. And now he was here.

But physically, he felt weak. Damon felt as though he had been run over a million times, like he had been bruised on every inch of skin, like he didn't have enough strength to get up.

Damon then tried sitting up, and even though he could barely get his hand under him, he managed to sit up against the pillows.

"I feel like shit. I need more water." He finally answered, and one of the doctors quickly bustled out to get some.

Valery looked around the room, noticing how tense Damon's muscles were.

"Um, Will, Doctors, can you please clear the pack out of the hallway, tell them to leave the alpha alone until he is ready to speak to them. Will, you can come back. But I think we'll have the doctors check on Damon later." She looked at her brother, never having seen him like this before. He was usually the image of health, but now he had bags under his eyes, and his skin was paler. He had been dead for more than two days.

The doctors left, leaving Damon to feel grateful for his sister. With the extra ten people gone, he felt better about being so weak. It was in his instinct not to want to be seen as weak, especially being an alpha.