Chapter 36

Emerald's POV

"Are you sure you want to go through with this?" Damon asked for the hundredth time as he stood outside my door with his hand out for me. He wouldn't stop pestering me about it the whole ride here and our back-seat passenger was complaining every single time Damon asked me.

We were right outside Nate's pack house and I was still in the black SUV that looked like a secret service care. Alec was leaning against the door next to mine, whining about how long this was taking.

"Damon I swear to goddess you're turning to mush." Alec grumbled lowly, but loud enough that we heard it.

Damon ignored him as his gaze stayed on mine. "Damon really, I'm fine." I responded. I was still having my doubts about this whole thing but I felt like I had to do this. No matter how much hurt Nate has caused me in these past few months, I still consider him a friend. And friends attend each other's weddings, even if not a month and a half ago they were planning on being the two that stood across from each other at the altar.

I took Damon's hand and stepped out of the car, almost braking my ankle already with these stilettos and the uneven ground beneath my feet.

"Do you guys smell that? Something smells delicious. I'll bet they have some good food here." Alec pointed out rubbing his stomach. He was still slightly cold to me, but he seemed to understand that I wasn't going anywhere and needed to accept the fact. So, as much of a nuisance he was, complaining the whole way here about how because some chick made his 'bestie' soft he now had to sit in the back instead of passenger seat where he could, and I quote, 'scout out all the babes around'.

I had to admit though, he was definitely hilarious, and I found myself laughing at a few of his comments, although he was also prude and vulgar in every sentence basically.

Damon looked down at me as he started walking, as if to confirm we were actually doing this, because after we stepped into there, there was no going back.

I rolled my eyes but nodded at his gesture and we started walking. Much to Damon's displeasure I decided to wear a sexy dress, but I had my reasons.

The main one being Nate needs to know what he lost by being a cheating scumbag.

Yes, I was that low.

We walked for a few minutes until we got to an usher.

"Names and titles please," He said cordially. I've never been asked for my title at a wedding so this was a bit of a surprise to me, but Damon answered for us.

"Damon Lancaster, Alpha, and Emerald Valentino, daughter of Alpha Valentino." He answered. I was a bit confused as to why he didn't title me as his Luna but didn't want to ask.

The ushers eyes locked with mine and he took a step back. "Is she your Luna?" He asked, his mouth slightly open.

"Yes." Damon replied to the man who resembled a fish right now, his mouth opening and closing.

"V-very well, A-alpha." He said as he pointed to the front door of the average sized pack house.

He then turned to Alec but his eyes stayed on me as if I were about to attack him any second now.