Chapter 61

Emerald's POV

I woke up with a yawn. It had not been my best night of sleep. I rolled over on the bed, only to be met with a body.

I screeched, and backed up so far I landed on my butt on the hard floor with a groan.

The man sat up immediately, a snarl on his face. "What the fuck was that for, bitch?" He sneered, and I recoiled at his tone. But then his brown eyes connected with mine.

I almost gasped. The feeling is just how I've always been told it would feel, by other wolves. But I was so confused. How did I end up in the same bed as my mate?

However, my wolf was quiet, which was strange. One of my babysitters as a child had told me that when you find your mate, your wolf won't stop talking about your mate, but mine was completely silent.

He man and I were both silent, until I decided to speak up. "Who are you?" I questioned.

There was a second of nothing happening, before his face lit up in a knowing smirk.

"I'm you're soul mate, dearie." His voice was arrogant, and a frown fell onto my face.

"Oh." If he knew, then it was definitely correct. A strange sense of disappointment shot through me, and I was confused on why I wasn't ecstatic about this. For Goddess' sake, I just found my mate! I should be jumping for joy!

His eyes narrowed. "Oh?" His voice was low, and I could tell I had made him angry.

I shook my hands. "I-I'm sorry, I'm new to all of this." And I was. I had just met my mate, and sure, maybe he didn't have my wolf howling, but he was my goddess destined match. I may be against the thought that my soul mate was predetermined for me and that I would rather get the right to choose who my mate is, but I wasn't about to reject him.

He huffed. "Go downstairs, make breakfast for me. I have a few things to do before noon." Without a second glance, he got out of bed and walked out of the room, disappearing down the hallway.

My jaw dropped. What just happened?

Did he just order me to cook food?

I couldn't even cook for my life! U less he wanted cookies every day, but still. I had never fully gained the kitchen skills my mother had.

There was a split second where I almost ran after him and yelled at him for ordering me around, but a heavy feeling in my gut told me that was a seriously wrong thing to do. I had to bite my tongue to keep from shouting anything after him.

But hell, that same feeling in my gut told me to listen to him, so with my day already ruined, I got up, brushed imaginary dust off of my pajama shorts, and walked out of the bedroom.

And I was lost again.

Where the hell was I? I had barely gotten out of the bedroom and now I was in a two way hallway, not a clue how to get downstairs to the kitchen to make him breakfast.

I took a chance and turned left, following the hallway down, and turning right in another. And, aha! The stairs were at the end of the hallway, thank the goddess. I got the feeling that my mate didn't like waiting.