Chapter 52

Dedicated to @Arvj14 because they've been there since the very first few chapters. Thanks for all the votes and comments!

Damon's POV

The man sped out of the garage quickly. In my car. With my mate.

The men holding me up looked tense, and I knew why. Now that they didn't have their leader, they were left alone to deal with the rest of us. And I was gaining back my strength.

I had been building up an immunity to wolfsbane since I first shifted. I would inject myself with the drug once a month, and then I'd count down the time, to the second, when my wolf regained control.

After each time, the time had decreased. By now, after more than a decade of trying to become invincible to it, I was down to twenty minutes.

And it had only been fifteen since that fuck injected Alec and I.

I tested my wolf, to see if he was there to help me take on all twenty of the guys restraining me.

After a few seconds of trying to connect with him, I heard something from his end. It was faint, but it would be enough.

I flicked one of my fingers that was behind my back. I felt a claw come out immediately and I wasted no time kicking the guy to my right with all my force. I heard a snap and he was on the floor, holding his now broken calf.

The guards, or whatever the hell they were, started panicking. They knew I had regained my strength, and they were done for.

I felt my link open up, and I alerted Jax to come here this instant. Then, I blocked out all links and shoved forward out of the grip I was in.

One tried coming towards me with a syringe, but I ducked down just as he thrusted it at me. My hand flew forward and sliced deep claw marks into his stomach, and with a groan he was down.

Two down, twenty eight more to go.

They then started trying to come at me in groups, instead of one by one, but even that was no match. I'm the strongest fúcking alpha in the world, do you really think your stupid little daggers and punches are going to get me down?

I snatched one of the daggers from one of them and wasted no time slicing into them.

Within minutes, they were all down and dead, even the ones holding Alec up.

Alec backed up and leaned against the car, beat. They had beaten him to a pulp and then drugged him with the wolfsbane, while they had only drugged me with the bane.

I took a pair of keys out from my pocket and started up the fastest car in the garage, and quickly hopped in it. Jax came running in at that second, glancing around the room with wide eyes.

"Jax, Alec, get in the car." I growled, and they both hopped in. Not wasting another second, I flew out of the garage, going from one to a hundred within seconds.

"What happened?" Jax yelled above the loud wind around us. I didn't take my foot off the petal once to slow down. I needed to get wherever Emerald was as fast as I could. I needed to get Emerald.

"Emerald's gone." Alec answered when he realized I wouldn't, and I felt white hot fury fill me. She wasn't gone. We can still get her.