Chapter 47

Emerald's POV

Three days had passed by since I woke up. Damon had, surprisingly, listened to what I had asked of him. He always looked like he wanted to say something but then he closed his mouth and nodded at me before going wherever he was going. Valery told me he wasn't happy with doing that, especially since he couldn't check on me and my safety at every second, but I noticed the extra amount of guards around. I knew he was still keeping close watch, which didn't really bother me all that much.

I've been hanging out with Valery, Ren, and Heather a lot recently, but I've also been spaced out. I can't count the amount of times Valery had to find a way to take me out of my spacing out by either snapping, shaking me, or clapping in front of my face. I've just had a lot on my mind recently, and it's taking its toll for sure.

I was now reading a book by the windowsill to pass time. It was something about a werewolf romance with a human mate, and it was pretty good, but a lot of these werewolves ended up having human mates, which is actually really rare. Especially an Alpha and a human, because the moon goddess like her children to have a long eternity with their soul mate, not an expectancy of about sixty years together.

I didn't want to remember what had happened right before I was unwillingly forced into sleep, but that dream I had- scratch that, nightmare I had- was taking its toll on me. I was scared, absolutely terrified if he was going show up again and finish me off.

But he wouldn't, he wants you to be his mate. Esmeralda ground out.

She had a point, I thought. But still, I was barely getting any sleep at night. Damon hadn't spoken to me about it, or anything for that matter. I had no clue how any being could enter my dreams, but he did. And he managed to hurt me too.

With a sigh, I put the book down and looked around the room. This whole reading-to-clear-my-mind thing clearly wasn't working, and I needed something else to do.

I decided I would wander the halls until I found something to do. Getting up from the hot pink chair under the windowsill I made my way towards the door and opened it carefully. Damon was no where to be seen, as was everyone else in this hallway. I didn't mind, that just meant I could move around more freely.

I decided I wanted to check out the far east wing of the first floor, because that's the side of the house I've explored the least, so I made my way down there. I noticed Damon's study door was closed which meant he was in the discussing something or working. He was always so busy all the time, but sometimes it was nice, like right now.

I walked down hallway after hallways, opening doors to see what was in them. One of the doors was the same type of magnificent huge wood doors Damon had outside our- his room, and I was so intrigued I had to open the doors. I don't think I've ever noticed this room before.

Once I opened it I gasped. The ceiling and walls were all glass, but some parts of it had beautiful stained glass designs. Some were of the moon, some were of stars, and a few wolves were made out of brightly colored glass here and there, but the amount of natural sunlight that illuminated the beautiful stone beneath my bare feet. It was a simple grey stone, but with the Suns light shining through and making pretty patterns on the floor it was transformed into something so much more.

My breath halted when I took in the only piece of furniture in the room that I hadn't noticed now. I was surprised that I hadn't noticed it, considering it was large and positioned in the middle of the room. But an extravagant white grand piano was positioned in the center of the room, with original ebony and ivory keys. I took a hesitant step closer to the beautiful instrument and continued towards it still trance-like. I felt like sleeping beauty and the spindle; I knew it wasn't good for me, but it was impossible to resist the pull I had to it.