Chapter 13

Emeralds POV
"Valery," I reasoned, "You don't have to do this,"

"But I do. This blue dress isn't going to be worn tonight," She brought the dress closer to the window and held it out a little farther.

"Valery, don't waste all that good money you guys spent. I'll wear the red one, just don't ruin that one," I negotiated unhappily.

"Really! Yay! Emerald is gonna be extra sexay tonight!" She cheered.

Still holding the dress, she ran over to the closet and grabbed the red one out. "Here you go. Go put it on, we only have like, a half an hour." Valery whined.

I groaned and walked into the bathroom. I changed into the dress and a horrified expression planted itself on my face. You could see every curve through it! The dress was awful on me.

"I look fat in it!" I screamed to her. We had already done my hair in beachy waves to look fancy and we had applied some basic makeup, but not the finishing touches.

I opened the door and instead of Valery sitting on the bed, Damon was instead. He admired my outfit when he scowled.

"You do not look fat, and you never would, even if you weighed as much as Santa claus," He admitted. I blushed.

"But you can see everything through it!" I complained.

"That's not really a bad thing. You've got a great body, why do you choose to hide it like you do?" Again I blushed a bright red. I used to never blush. Now I'm blushing left and right.

"Just friends," I reminded Damon who frowned.

"I don't see why we have to..." He mumbled. He walked into his closet and I heard the sound of clothes dropping.

I walked out into the hallway and there was Valery making out with Oliver. Jeez kids, get a room.

I walked back into my room and waited awkwardly.I didn't want to go back out there, because they could be tearing each others clothes off by now, but I also needed my makeup done.

After a few minutes, Damon came back in, looking hot. H to the O to the T hot. His hair was slicked back perfectly, his black suit with a red tie that wasn't tied up yet and a grey shirt made him so extremely handsome, it was beyond words. Right then and there, I wanted to pounce. He just looked so- exquisite, like one of those men you only see at expensive galas, except he was hosting. Well, this shows why fancy men do tend to get the ladies.

"Stop staring, your giving away your secret," He whispered.

"Secret? What secret?" I questioned.

"That you love me." He smiled and came closer.

"Sorry Alpha, I'm not in love with anyone." I corrected.

"I think you are," He teased.

"No, I think you are." I countered.

"Oh really? Who would I be in love with? It's not like I have a mate or anything, all I have are my friends," Damon taunted smirking now.

"Your in love with your ego, Damon." I said.

"I'm so in love with my ego that I would put all ladies aside to be with my mate, because my ego proves that I can get any woman I want, especially my mate."

I gaped at him. "And I'm the slut?"

I turned around to open the door to go see Valery but Damon's hands held my waits back and he nuzzled his chin on my shoulder.

"I'm truly sorry for that, I- I didn't mean it, and I only said it in anger that someone touched you." He spoke.

"It- I- Damon, it's okay. I forgive you." I whispered.