Chapter 23

Emeralds POV
Valery was hurriedly tending to my wounds, trying to do twice the work because the doctor had to go care for an elderly member of the pack who was ill. The burning was excruciating and I couldn't even feel the ice anymore, the pain was so severe.

I winced as she dabbed the towel on my face.

"Hey Valery?" I asked her quietly.

"Yea?" She asked, clearly lost in her own little world.

"T-thanks, for listening to me about calling Damon. I'll be fine when he gets back," I smiled at her, hiding the pain that I felt from moving my lips.

She looked at me with a guilty expression but nodded and looked away, staring through the window.

"Can I ask you a favor?" Valery turned to face me as she spoke.

"Sure, anything." I whispered.

"Don't hate me." She have me a sad smile.

"Why would I hate you?" I asked, totally clueless.

"Just please, don't, alright?"

I nodded, unsure, but too weak to press the matter.

"Can you do me a favor?" I asked her, still in whispers.

"Anything." She smiled as she wiped the sweat from my neck.

"Could you get me some painkillers?"

"Sure, no problem. But are you fine with staying here alone for a minute?" She raised her eyebrows slightly and I nodded.

"I'll be right back," She promised before leaving.

I closed my eyes and sighed. Two more days to go. Only two.

I could definitely use a nap after Valery gets me those painkillers.

I heard the lock and click of a door but thought nothing of it. Maybe she just didn't want anybody to come in.

I felt something lay down next to me and they sniffed my neck. I moved away from them, a sudden chill creeping up my neck.

"Darling Emerald," He called. I immediately opened my eyes and sat up, despite the pain.

"Please, please get away," I pleaded, holding up my hands. There he was, my tormentor, laying next to me, with his face covered by a plain, white masquerade mask.

"Why, dear? I know you'd kill for a mans touch, but were too afraid of what your mate would do if he found out." I could see his smirk through the mask.

He raised his hand and ran it down my arm. It felt like cold water on my burning skin and I moaned at the relief.

"That's it. Moan for me, Emerald." He moved his hand and ran it down my neck. All of the sudden, I felt too much cold on my arm, like frostbite.

I whimpered in pain and grabbed my arm.

"Stop touching me!" I hissed, yanking his arm off me.

He stared at me angrily.

"Don't you dare tell me what to do, darling." He growled, and he grasped on to both of my arms firmly. I felt relief but knew the pain would come.

"Emerald, open the door!"

His hand started to freeze my arms and I tried pulling them off but he started to push his claws into my skin.

"Please- please, it hurts," I whispered, still trying to get his hands off me.

"Fine then. Take off your clothes." He smiled a devilish, demonic smile.

"No." I stated firmly, backing away from him.