Chapter 43

Emerald's POV

I sighed as I was still in the couch in the library. Would Damon be mad that I didn't tell him it was my birthday, because I know he'd make a big deal out of it. That's just the kind of person he is.

I'm pretty sure he wouldn't be too happy about me not telling me, but I didn't realize it was already the twenty ninth! Time had flown by since the fourth and I guess I just didn't realize it. Should I tell him?

No, I didn't want to. I was mad at him and he can't get everything he wants when he doesn't even listen to me about important things.

He can go screw himself.

I suddenly remembered he was downstairs and I quickly got up and made my way downstairs. I heard him talking in the kitchen and I walked in there and stood by the doorway. Damon turned around and gave me a nervous smile.

"Is everything okay?" He asked, walking over to me.

I almost slapped him. "No it isn't, you stubborn jackass. We need to talk." I hissed and he looked even more nervous.

"Are you sure you aren't..." He asked quietly, and I knew what he was implying.

"I'm not freaking pregnant Damon!" I shouted at him and he raised his hands.

"Seems extra moody to me Damon, maybe she's lying." Alec said from the kitchen island as he popped a grape in his mouth.

I glared at Alec. "Moody? Moody! I'll show you moody!" I yelled at him before grabbing Damon by his shirt and dragging him upstairs.

A few laughs came from the kitchen as we exited it. "Damn, who knew she could be so feisty?" Lyles joked and they all shared another laugh.

"Get it Emerald!" Valery shouted just as we reached the first floor. I let go of Damon's shirt and walked upstairs silently as he followed behind me.

"Emerald, what is this all about?" He asked as we got into the room and I locked the door behind him.

"You stupid, arrogant, egotistical jerk! You wait all day, dealing with your freaking shoulder by yourself and refuse to go to the damn doctor! Well guess what Damon, I can feel it too now, and you are going to the doctor right now. What is her number?" I asked as I pulled my phone out of my pocket.

He sighed. "Are you alright? How bad is it? I swear I closed the bonds." He said as he reached towards me but I stepped back.

"No. You don't get to be all sweet now when you're not going to go to the doctor. Please Damon, just go to the doctor." I begged.

Damon was silent for a while. "Emerald, I can't-" He started but I put a hand up and shook my head.

"Don't bother." I told him before leaving the room and shutting the door behind me. I hurriedly made my way to the basement and walked to one of the rooms I had memorized when I was taking my tour during my first few weeks here. Once I got to the room I scanned the many bottle filled shelves for the drink I was looking for.

"Gotcha." I said as I grabbed the bottle of Wolfs Bane. It was the same stuff I'd had at the party, and I was seriously in the mood for it right now. I opened it and just as I put it to my lips a voice said something from the door way.