Chapter 39

Emerald's POV

It had been four days since Nate's almost wedding, four days since he died, four days since Alec found his mate. Four freaking days.

Catarina had healed well, despite the bullet being silver. The doctor told her to stay here for another week just to make sure she was fully healed before she would be allowed to leave the hospital.

Alec and Sera got into a fight when they got back to his house immediately, and Damon told me Alec lost his temper and locked her down in the dungeons and he hasn't even gone down to see her since. I'm starting to like Alec more and more.

Damon and I have been busy the past few days, him with calls regarding what happened at the wedding since there was only a few alphas that went to the wedding and Damon was one of the two to get out alive, and myself with Valery, Ren, and Heather.

Yesterday we snuck out and saw Magic Mike XXL without any of our mates knowing. Damon wanted us to bring guards but we told him Heather was going to buy some clothing that her mate would not want any other male knowing what she bought, so he opted us for female guards.

Suckers.

"Emerald!" Valery yelled, snapping me out of my thoughts. I quickly averted my attention back to he world and saw the volleyball flying up and in my direction. I set myself up and bumped the ball up, high into the air. Valery ran over to it and set it up, just high enough for me to run over to the ball and spike it over the net. The ball went over the net and Heather tried to hit it up but couldn't and the white ball landed in the sand.

"Ugh, how is this only your first time playing volleyball?" Heather groaned to herself. I smiled at her.

We were on a sand volleyball court behind the pack house and it was Valery and I versus Heather and one of our guards, Alyssa. Ren couldn't play for obvious reasons so she was sitting down on the side, cheering for everyone. We had been playing for half an hour already and my team was winning by fifteen to nine.

Heather set the ball up to serve, threw it up in the air, and hit it, making it go flying over the net and to Valery. She bumped it up and I went to go spike it when all of the sudden it felt as though my brain split in half. I fell on my butt, clutching my head in pain and shut my eyes tightly.

"Luna? What's wrong?" Alyssa asked as she ran to my side. I peeked my eyes open but hissed at how bright the sun was and quickly shut my eyes again.

"Shit, can you help me back to the house Alyssa?" I asked her quietly, rubbing my temples as if to try and get rid of the intense ache I felt.

"Of course Luna, do you want Alpha to come and help you?" She asked as she helped me up to my feet.

"No, he's busy, I don't want to bother him." I replied as we walked to the pack house. After a minute and a half of walking in the extremely bright sunlight we finally got back to the house and through the back door.

"Do you require the doctor, Luna?" Alyssa asked as she sat me down at one of the kitchen stools and made her way to go get me a glass of water.

"No, I'm fine, really." I half lied as she set the glass of water down in front of me. I drank hungrily and didn't realize I had downed the whole thing in one gulp.