Chapter 45

Emerald's POV

She vanished into thin air the minute she said that sentence and at mentally cursed myself in my head. Damon would be mad, no doubt, and she escaped right before his blow up. Real brave of you, moon goddess.

"Birthday? It's your birthday and you never told me?" He asked, and I could tell he was mad from his tone. I turned to face him and glared, bringing uno an excuse.

"You never went to the doctor when I asked. That's regarding your health, and that's more important than my birthday. And in my defense, I didn't realize it was my birthday until earlier this morning, when I talked to her for the first time." I told him and he lowered his eyebrows.

"You still should've told me. Now I have to plan something quick, and it won't be good." He grumbled. His eyes glazed over and I smacked his shoulder, stopping him from mind linking anybody.

"It's late, stop disturbing everyone in your pack. And I don't want anything special, all I want is for you to get your ass to the doctor." I said and he raised an eyebrow, looking very unamused.

"Emerald, just give me another day. You're making a huge deal out of this for nothing, but your twenty third birthday isn't nothing, so we need to plan that."

"Damon! Will you realize that I honestly didn't care enough about my birthday to remember until it was actually my birthday? Goddess, how many times do I have to ask?" I yelled at him, frustrated beyond all hell. Screw him and his little 'protection' act he has going on here.

Damon sighed. "I'm doing something for your birthday whether you like it or not." He grumbled, changing the subject.

Un-freaking-believable.

I shook my head at him. "Does nothing I'm saying even go through your mind? Does my opinion and input not even matter if you already made your mind up? I went back with you that night not because I didn't want to face Nate because he cheated, I came back because I was certain that if I stayed with you and we dated and then mated then I would be equal in this relationship. An Alpha and a Luna are supposed to be equals, and this isn't being equals. This is you making all the decisions, like my birthday or your freaking health!" I hissed, and my eyes unintentionally watered.

Damon's face softened, and I saw guilt flash through his eyes. "Emerald, I'm-"

I glared daggers at him. "Don't. It doesn't matter. Just let me go to sleep." I finished, silently cursing the moon goddess for even bringing up my birthday in front of him. Damn freaking goddess.

I laid back down on my pillow, facing the wall away from Damon. I heard him lay back down too. Eventually, we were both sleeping, and I'm sure he was unconsciously thinking about how to fix this as well.

***

I woke up early, and Damon's stupid hand draped around my waist was the first thing I noticed. I looked over at the clock and saw it was only six thirty, which meant Damon wouldn't wake up for another hour and a half, because he liked to wake up at the same time as I normally do. Ugh, gag me with a spoon at how sweet that sounds.

I silently got up, hoping not to wake Damon up, because once I was awake he was awake, and I needed serious alone time.

My shoulder hurt like hell this morning, and with a groan I tried moving it in circular motions, hoping that this would make the pain go away. No such luck.