Chapter 16

Emeralds POV
After a while, the tears stopped. I was laying against the side of the bed away from the door so Damon wouldn't see me when he came in. I knew it wouldn't help because even if he couldn't see me or hear me, the mating bond would sure help him sense me, along with his freaking alpha senses.

I wanted to leave again, I felt like I needed to leave, but I couldnt. I have nowhere to go and he would catch me.

I thought of all the human cities I could go to. Would I want to go to a more populated area, where it was harder to sense me, or a deserted, rural area where I would have miles of land by myself, in the middle of nowhere? I knew had some money stored at my pack house, but that would mean sneaking back into the pack house and not getting caught by my father who wouldn't let me leave.

Ugh, this was so complicated.

The best thing I could do right now was stay as far away from Damon as possible. He would come in here later expecting me to want to stay the night with him, which is honestly the last thing I want to do today.

There goes his chance, I guess. Not even a day and he messes it up. Goddess, what did I ever do to deserve, well, this? A mate who can't help but mess everything up.

I can't leave, he'll be even more pissed and give me no freedom whatsoever when he brings me back. I don't want to stay because he's here.

I groaned and placed my head in my hands. When he comes back, I'm going to ask if I can leave. I shouldn't have to ask, but I realize that's the only way out of here for good.

I sat there for a long time, just thinking, thinking of how I could get out. Away.

Damon came in a few minutes later, and stopped at the doorway. I assume he was trying to not anger me any further by coming closer, but I was still livid, the memories still fresh.

I got up and walked over to Damon with determination surging through me.

"I want to leave." I demanded, my voice not raising so he would understand I was serious and not just in the moment angry.

"No." He ordered.

"Why? You already fucked up your chance, didn't you, Alpha?" I shot.

"I don't care if you hate me forever, you aren't leaving again." He dismissed, walking into the room.

"Do you really expect me to care if you want me to stay? Oh, the weak little alpha's mate has to stay because the alpha says so and she'd never go against the alpha. The pathetic little alpha's mate has to stay quiet with her opinions on the alpha because he told her so. The fragile alpha's mate has to stay put because the alpha won't let her leave. The controlled alpha's mate has to do everything the alpha says or else he'll lock her in the dungeons again. The desperate alpha's mate has to stay with the alpha because the one guy she loved cheated on-"

"Stop!" He boomed, glaring.

"Why?" I questioned, tired of being ordered. "Why should I stop?"

He growled at me, lowly and quietly, but enough to warn. "Because the demanding, controlling alpha told you to." He taunted.

"Well the quiet little alpha's mate doesn't want to be quiet anymore!" I yelled, storming out of the room. A hand holding my arm gently, yet firmly back stopped me.

"What?" I hissed.

"You don't always get to walk away when you're angry." He brought up.

"Well you don't always get to order me around," I replied.

"And you don't always get to blame everything on me," He shot back.

"Well this one is on you, so I have the right to do it this time."