Chapter 15

Emeralds POV
We just swayed for another hour, under the willow. I was content with leaning my head on Damon's strong chest and he was content with rubbing circles on the small of my back.

"I think it's time to go," Damon suggested. I pulled my iPhone out of Damon's back pocket, where I had barely trusted him to hold it for a second when I handed it to him. My outfit had restricted me from carrying a purse or even a clutch, because Valery insisted we had nothing that matched this dress. I just groaned and asked Damon if he could hold it, which he automatically allowed.

It was 10:35. I looked up at Damon like he was crazy. Who leaves a party like this three hours after it starts?

He must've read my mind or something because he answered my question.

"These parties only have a few safe hours before people go crazy. Throwing things, especially knives, happens almost every time, and there's breaking of bottles, rape, and sometimes even murder. Those people have like seven glasses of pure wolfs bane." He informed. My eyes widened with each word.

"And you say he has parties you'll never forget?" I asked astonished.

"Well, usually I'm able to watch it all unveil with no problem, but you're here." He brought up.

"Ok, and? How do you know I've never been to one of Alec's parties before? I could've been here at the same time you were, and it could've been way too populated in that place to have even sensed the mate bond." I replied.

He made that tsk sound with his tongue. "I'm afraid I wouldn't have missed you. With us both being descendants of the alpha gene, I doubt I wouldn't of sensed at least something." He rolled his eyes at my doubt.

"Let's go, before you get hurt." Damon instructed, gently leading me back to the car.

"Fine, but only because I wanted to leave," I lied.

The drive back to his house was filled with small talk and nice, friendly conversation in general.

I was getting slightly sleepy half way through, so I leaned my head on the cold window and closed my eyes. Damon didn't say anything as he drove silently, although I could sense his gaze every once in a while, as if he was checking on me.

After about five minutes, I was out like a light.

***

I turned on my side and buried my head farther into the pillow, still half asleep.

"Good morning Emerald," Damon greeted.

"Good morning Damon," I replied, yawing.

I felt his protective arm wrap itself around my waist and turn me around to face him. Damon's eyes bore into mine, almost adoringly, and I giggled, hiding my face in his chest.

"What's so funny?" He questioned.

"You are," I said in a 'duh' way.

"How so?"

"You invite me to a raging party, and we end up outside under trees." I giggled some more and looked up at him now.

"I saw too many guys staring at you, so I wanted to make sure I was the only one allowed to do that," He answered with a serious expression.

"Ugh, stop being so possessive!" I groaned quietly.

He only laughed.

"Get up. You probably have work to do, Alpha." I ordered, trying to get him to be productive today. He groaned and sat up, releasing me from his grip.