Chapter 46

Emerald's POV

Beep beep. Beep beep.

That annoying heart monitor machine woke me up. I felt fuzzy, and out of place. I opened my eyes to find bright white everywhere. I had to squint at how bright it was.

"Oh, goddess, your awake." Valery said as she rushed to my side. She sighed and grabbed my hand. "How are you feeling? Are you okay?" She asked, but I ignored her and sat up in the bed. I noticed I was in different clothes than I remember I was in, so someone must've changed me.

I guess my silence must've scared her because her face fell. "Oh my, do you remember who I am? Okay, so you were apparently getting married when my brother, Damon Lancaster, stole you from your wedding and took you to his pack, and then you guys fought a lot but you fell in l-"

I raised a hand. "I know what happened, I'm just trying to figure out some things." I whispered, my voice gravelly. She quickly handed me a glass of water which had been on my side table before signing and pulling up the chair she was sitting on before I woke up.

"Alright, so Damon's in the next room, he woke up about two days ago but you've been out for a week. The doctor hasn't discharged you guys yet so he isn't allowed to stay in here full time. I'm pretty sure she was only doing that because she knew you wouldn't want him in here because well we're all pretty sure your pissed but Damon doesn't want to believe that you're that angry. He finally fell asleep about an hour ago after he hasn't slept since he woke up because he wants to know when your going to wake."

I dropped my jaw. "I've been out for a week?" I questioned.

She made a guilty face. "Oh yeah, I guess the doctors gave you a little too much of the sleeping drug and well we kinda thought they euthanized you but we were only joking and Damon didn't find it very funny but that doesn't really matter-"

I got out of the bed and had to quickly sit back down. I was surprised how weird my legs felt after not using them for a week. I got up again and slowly made my way out the door and over to the room next door. I walked into Damon's room to find him sleeping peacefully.

A sudden rage overtook me and I walked over and grabbed a pillow from the chair next to the bed and shoved it onto his face, holding it down so that no air could get to him. He started kicking and pushed the pillow off his face before sitting up with a startled expression. I swung the pillow back and forth directed at his face and I hit him a good few times before he grabbed my wrists.

"Goddess!" He shouted at me with a 'what the fuck' expression on his face.

"You better fucking pray to the goddess after I'm done with you!" I hissed and tried to hit him in the face with a pillow again but he stopped me again.

"Emerald! Calm down!" He shouted, and I started to laugh hysterically.

"Calm down? Calm down!" I yelled and I ripped my wrists out of his grasp. I then ripped his shirt off in one clean motion and looked at his shoulder. The black marking had taken over his entire shoulder and gone a little bit onto his chest, arm, and neck. It was huge.

"You are in so much trouble you don't even know. If you thought not being able to kiss me was bad, everything is going to get much, much worse." I said in a voice so cold I scared myself.