Chapter 55

I just wanted to thank you guys for your patience and support. <3 u guys.

Emerald's POV

True to his word, I was locked you for the next couple of days, given nothing to eat. I have been in here for at least five days, and the only way I knew that was the small window in the bathroom.

Three times a day, someone came in to inject me with that awful wolfsbane. I was constantly exhausted, and being starved didn't help.

I rolled over on the bed with a sigh, burying my face on the pillow. How much longer would I stay locked up in this room, let alone this castle?

I had already noticed the amount of weight I lost in the past few days. It was definitely noticeable, especially on my thighs. They had just kept thinning out.

"Rise and shine, my queen." Nikolai greeted, walking in without any warning. I sat up strait and backed up until I was against the bed.

"What's going on? I just got more wolfsbane a while ago." I asked him, many different scenarios playing through my head, all terrifying.

He rolled his eyes but gave me a smirk anyways. "Can I not just come into my queens room and enjoy her company?" Nikolai questioned. No, no he couldn't. I thought, but I didn't speak it.

So instead of arguing, I nodded. He grinned. "Great. Now, it's dinnertime, and I would like you to meet a few guests in your first official meal here. You look much better now, although I'm surprised the alpha King never said anything regarding your previous weight." He thought aloud, and I bit my lip.

Had Damon thought I was fat, as well? This question had been swirling around my mind for the past few days, and I tried to ignore it. But, what if Damon did think that way?

Nikolai made a grab for my hand, and in instinct I retracted it, but he sent a glare that way that made me allow him to take my hand.

"When was the last time you showered?" Nikolai asked as he searched through the closet for clothes.

"Um, a few hours ago." I replied back, quietly. He nodded and grabbed something out of the closet.

"Wear this. Get changed quick, and make yourself a little more presentable." He scoffed, adjusted his watch, and walked out of the room.

Once he door was closed, I let out a sigh. I inspected the dress in my hands, raising my eyebrows. It wasn't horrid like I had imagined.

The dress looked like it would end just above my knees and was a light pink color. It had sleeves that went off the shoulder, and there was a little bit of a red ombré as the dress faded down to a skirt, with the waist fitted. I didn't want to like this dress, but it was beautiful.

I changed into the dress quickly, making sure to apply some makeup that was in the bathroom. I ran a brush through my hair and gazed at myself in the mirror. There were purple bags under my eyes that even concealer couldn't cover entirely, along with a few bruises and cuts here and there that Nikolai had inflicted within the past few days. On top of that, my cheeks were hollower, and my eyes had dulled.

But the part that scared me the most was the fact that my mark had lightened in color. Before it was jet black and it popped off my skin, but now it was a dark grey. It was still very dark, and I knew it would take much longer for it to completely fade, but would Damon come by then?