Chapter 41

Emerald's POV

I stared at my reflection in the mirror curiously. I had just gotten out of the shower with Damon so my hair was still wet and I had a towel wrapped around myself. My eyes immediately found the new mark on my neck that Damon had given me last night. It was two small black shapes that resembled what it would look like if someone had but you, but they were more slightly curved at the end than a normal bite. I smiled as I stared at it.

Damon had managed to sneak up on me while I was staring at it and he placed a kiss on it, sending a shiver down my spine and making me jump slightly as I didn't expect him to still be in here. "Do you like it?" He whispered, his lips running across my collarbone lightly.

I turned around so we were facing each other and pecked a kiss on his lips. Giving him a frown and a bored expression I said, "Nope, I don't like it."

His face fell instantly but a smile replaced my features. "I love it."

He grinned widely. "Good, because I do too. And you're kind of stuck with it forever." He replied smugly and I rolled my eyes.

"I know, just like I was cursed to be stuck with you forever." I drawled out sarcastically, and Damon clearly caught on because his grin widened.

"I know, I was unfortunately stuck with some beautiful, amazing, perfect blonde who just happens to be crazy in bed forever too. What ever did I do to deserve that." He joked with a smirk and I blushed at his compliment.

Damon's face got closer to mine until our noses were touching. "Do you think I'd be allowed to kiss this beautiful, amazing, perfect blond who just happens to be crazy in bed?" He whispered, and my heart was freaking jumping out of my chest at this point.

"I think," I started, wrapping my arms around his neck and pulling him closer. "That your kisses are the only ones that this blonde wakes up longing for, and your lips are the only ones she'll ever kiss again." I promised.

Damon's perfect lips were instantly on mine, and I immediately kissed him back. My hand drifted to his shoulder, and that's when he pulled away.

His expression looked pained and he moved his shoulder around, as if he were stretching. "Is everything alright?" I asked quietly, wringing my hands in front of me worriedly. I honestly had never seen Damon in real pain, and I never wanted to, so seeing his face crunch up and his jaw clench worried me enough.

Damon's grey eyes opened again and looked back at me. "I'm alright." He replied, but I could tell his shoulder was still kind of paining him.

"Turn around, let me check it out." I ordered and he rolled his eyes with a smile.

"I'm fine, really." He repeated, but I still needed to see if there was anything wrong.

"Damon seriously, turn around." I ordered strongly, and I guess he finally realized I wasn't messing around because he turned around. I gasped slightly at what I saw.

"Did you get a new tattoo between last night and now?" I asked biting my lip.

He rolled his eyes at that. "Yes, while you were sleeping I got up and went to a tattoo shop. What are you talking about?" He asked sarcastically.

"I'm serious Damon, what the hell is this?" I asked, bringing a hesitant hand up to the small black mark on his shoulder that was a swirly mess of veiny lines. I swear it seemed familiar. I touched the skin as gently as possible and he sucked in a breath.