Chapter 33

Emeralds POV (Two days after coronation)

I was still in the second stage of adstringo, but let me just say, things have gotten much worse.

I haven't been mind linking people anymore now that I was in their pack, but every now and then things would get messed up. Like one time, I had simply gotten up from bed and went to walk to the bathroom, but my wolf speed kicked in and I ended up running strait into the door, hitting my head hard. After Damon had thoroughly checked my head to see if I was alright he couldn't stop laughing, which brought a small smile to my face, but I should be taking this thing much more seriously. I mean, my wolf was losing control slowly because I remained unmated to Damon, but it was hard not to laugh at that.

But just this morning my wolf had acted up again, as I was opening the door to Damon's office, my wolf decided to go full strength and it ended up breaking the doorknob off from it breaking in the middle, despite the lock. Damon instantly had a new door brought in and installed, which brings up the question of why he just had new doors lying around somewhere.

I assumed that some of the wolves have a temper and therefore result in many doors being slammed to the point of breaking them.

Now, it was ten minutes before Damon, Oliver, Valery, and myself go to this human town nearby to watch their firework show. I was almost ready, just picking out the shoes that would go best. I finally decided on a pair of white flats and went to go check myself in the full-length mirror in my closet. I smiled at my perfectly matched outfit; a red button down sleeved top, a pair of blue jean shorts (I am seriously in love with Jean shorts. Maybe I'll go brag to Damon that he has competition now like I supposedly have competition with that position Damon has professed his love for many times...), and the white flats.

All in all, red white and blue. I was set for the night. I fixed my hair which I currently had in a loose ponytail and made sure I still had both star earrings in before I went downstairs. I knew Valery was still getting ready because Oliver was outside her door, groaning and moaning about her hurrying her 'cute little ass up, she'd be perfect to him anyway she dressed'.

I smiled at that. I liked Oliver, and I thought Valery and Oliver were perfect for each other without having to be mates. I got down to the last step and made my way to where I heard Damon's voice, which was in the kitchen. He was leaning over the countertop talking to Lyles.

He noticed me walk in the room and turned around, smiling.

"Hey door abuser." He greeted with a smirk.

I glared at him playfully. "I can't believe you didn't put the door in its place for hitting me like it did." I joked.

"You're the one who charged at it while I was trying to go back to sleep, there was no way I was going to put it in its place after you disturbed me like that." I rolled my eyes and stood next to him by the counter.

"Oh, I'm sure the whole pack heard his laughter after you hit the door." Lyles commented with a smile.

I gave Damon another dirty look which brought an even wider smile on his face. "What else was I supposed to do? She was fine and you should've seen her groaning on the ground while the door had a dent in it. She flew full speed at it!" He laughed again.

"You could've been a mature, thoughtful man by not laughing." I grumbled lowly.

"You would've laughed too if I ran at the door and hit my head like you did." Damon replied.