Chapter 3 - Amortentia

"Morning princess"

"Shove off Malfoy." You said, rolling your eyes.

After spending time with the golden trio, you've started to hate Draco more and more. He'd always come bothering you four, and it was really annoying.

"Aw, come on. Is that how you're gonna treat me?" He said with sarcasm.

Before you could respond, the door burst open, and your dad came walking in. No one knew he was your dad, and that's how you planned for it to be.

"You'll be working with the person next to you." He said expressionless.

You and Draco shared a glance at each other. And you immediately shot your hand up.

"Yes, Miss (L/n)?" Snape raised an eyebrow at you.

"Can I switch?"

"No."

You put down your hand and rolled your eyes. You decided to talk to him after class.

But first, you had to deal with Draco f*cking Malfoy.

Snape started brewing a potion, and you couldn't help but realise Draco staring at you. You didn't think much of it and just focused on potions. It wasn't your strong suit.

"Now, can someone tell me what potion this is?" He questioned.

Hermione's hand shot right up, and she looked very excited. Snape called on her, and she seemed very hyped.

"That's Amortentia, sir." She said, proud of herself.

"Amor-what now?" You said to yourself, loud enough for Draco to hear.

"Amortentia dumb*ss." He yelled, crossing his arms and raising his eyebrow.

You rolled your eyes slightly and focused back on Snape. It would be embarrassing if your father sent you to detention.

"Mr. Malfoy language!" He said with slight anger in his eyes. You were glad to see he actually cares for you, unlike your actual father.

"Amortentia, (L/n), is the strongest love potion. Whatever you smell is what attracts you the most." He tried explaining, leaving you half understanding.

"What do you smell Miss (L/n)?" You focused yourself and tried smelling the potion.

'Damn, Draco's cologne is messing me up.' You thought to yourself, frustrated.

You shook your head at Snape as a sign of you didn't know.

"What? Is your nose broken or something?" Draco scoffed.

Snape seemed annoyed and gave a sigh.

"What do you smell then, Mr. Malfoy?"

Draco closed his eyes for a bit.

"A slight bit of rose.. and.. mint?" He said, unsure.

"Ugh (Y/n)'s cologne is too strong. I can't smell anything else." He said, reopening his eyes.

Everyone was staring at Draco, surprised. So were you. Rose and mint was exactly what you liked to wear every day.

Snape looked quite surprised, but at the same time, you could see him smiling and chuckle a bit.

Draco looked confused. He turned to you and whispered.

"What happened? Did I say something wrong?" He asked as his ears flushed in a pink color.

You were still trying to recover from what had just happened. You gulped and tried calming down even though your heart was pounding.

"You always say something wrong, Malfoy." You replied in the calmest voice you could do. Deep down, you knew you were lying to yourself.

Snape cleared his throat and looked at you.

"Miss (L/n), my office after class."

- × - × - × - × - × - × - × -