Chapter 31 - Two Weasel Twins

"(Y/n)! Thank God you're here." Hermione hugged you once you returned to your room.

"Mione? Are you okay?"

"No! I just asked McLaggen to Slughorn's Christmas party!"

"You what?!" You exclaimed, sitting down on your bed as she followed.

"I just wanted to piss Ron off!"

"Regret it?" You questioned with a knowing smirk.

Hermione glared at you but then gave a sigh.

"Obviously."

"I figured. But hey, you can always ditch him." You winked at her, giving a cheeky smile.

"Enough about me. Who are you taking?"

"Would've taken Malfoy if he hadn't cheated on me." You sighed, turning to face the brunette.

"I get it. Harry hasn't got a clue either."

"Isn't he taking Gin?"

"He's too shy to."

"Classic Harry."

"I wonder who she's taking, though." Hermione said, laying down on your bed.

You sighed at the thought of Ron and Ginny, remembering Fred and George, who you hadn't seen since Year 5.

"If only we could take people who aren't in school." You muttered.

"I'm sure you'll find someone." Hermione replied.

"Yeah."

-----

In the end, you finally decided to go by yourself. You still needed time to get over everything and weren't ready to find a date.

And on that very cold, freezing winter day, Hermione, Ginny, and you were wandering the quiet, blazing cold streets of Diagon Alley.

"Remind me why we decided to walk here, Gin?" You pouted, shivering in the cold, muffling your face into your scarf.

"Because there's no other way to get to the shop?" Ginny retorted.

"True."

The three had been out shopping for dresses for the christmas party, now heading to the Weasley twins' joke shop to get Ginny's dress.

"Why do they have your dress anyway?" Hermione asked.

"I asked them to pick it up for me since we were still in school."

Soon, you three arrived at the shop, with Ginny walking in first.

"Fred, George! I'm here!" She yelled.

"Sorry, Ginny, quite busy!" One of the twins yelled, specifically Fred, followed by a sound of clattering.

You all shared a glance, running up the stairs to the apartment.

Ginny opened the door to the storage room, allowing you three to witness an amazing sight.

Two red heads stumbled on the floor, an open box on top of one of the boy's head. Heaps and heaps of beans scattered on the floor, some sitting right side up, some sideways. Jellybeans surrounding the two, stuck in their hair, laying on their shirts, and lying on the floor.

The two of them looked up at their sister in sync, blinking cluelessly.

"Bad timing for a reunion, I suppose?" You laughed, poking your head out from behind Ginny.

"(Y/n)!"

-----

"Hey, when you're over Malfoy, I'm always an option." Fred joked.

"Hey! That's what I was gonna say!" George pouted playfully.

The three of you laughed. Hermione and Ginny were finding the dress and exploring the place, giving you some alone time with the twins.

"Yeah, thanks, but no thanks."

The twins looked at each other with a mocked sad look, finally turning back to you.

"We just got rejected, Fred."

"I know, George."

You playfully rolled your eyes, laughing at their stupidity.

"Get used to it."

"Ow."

"That hurt."

You giggled in response, realizing just how long you haven't smiled this bright ever since the twins left Hogwarts.

A warm smile spread across your face as you started tearing up.

"(Y/n)..? Why are you crying-" George asked, the agitation in his voice visible.

"Are you sick-" Fred panicked, placing his hand over your forehead.

"What, no- I'm just.. emotional, I guess. I've never had friends like you two. You guys treat me better than my own father-"

"I'm not expecting much from Snape." One of the twins muttered.

You giggled in response, knowing they thought you were talking about your dad. But in reality you were talking about your father, Voldemort.

There was a pause.

You looked up and locked eyes with the twins, the two of them staring at you with puppy eyes, pouting their lips and giving dramatic sniffles.

"Why are you two looking at me like that-"

"Did you hear that? She loves us, Georgie."

"She loves us, Freddie."

"I swear, you two weasels-" You giggled.

"Snake." The twins replied in sync.

"Pardon?"

"Two weasels and a snake." Fred answered.

"That's our trio name, no backing out." George added.

"Am I the snake?" You questioned, faking an offended look.

"Who else would it be?"

"I came up with the nickname!" Fred said proudly.

"How am I a snake?"

"Weasley, Weasel; Snape, Snake. Same thing, innit?"

"I can't believe you two." You laughed, face-palming at them.

"We don't know how you deal with us two idiots."

"But we don't really care either."

The three of you burst into laughter, sharing a wholesome, wonderful moment together.

Although you knew things were about to end.

- × - × - × - × - × - × - × -