Chapter 49 - Like Dad, Like Daughter

"Okay.. there's something we need to find. Something hidden here in the castle, and it may help us kill you-know-who." He uttered between pauses.

You lifted your head up, knowing exactly what he was talking about.

The horcrux which was hidden here in the castle.

Rowena Ravenclaw's Diadem.

"Right, what is it?" Neville asked.

"We don't know."

'I do..' You sighed.

"Well, where is it?"

"We don't know that either."

The students stared at him in silence.

"I realize that's not much to go on." Harry finally came to the realization.

"That's nothing to go on."

"I think it has something to do with Ravenclaw." Harry muttered. "Um.. it'll be.. small. Easily concealed. Anyone got any ideas?"

"Well. There's Rowena's lost diadem." Luna spoke up.

"There we go." You heard Ron mutter. He looked like he hadn't slept for days. In fact, they all did.

"Lost diadem of Ravenclaw? Hasn't anyone heard of it?" She asked in her sweet voice, turning to look at everyone else. "It's quite famous."

'Bless her heart. She's so sweet.' You smiled, still sat in your corner.

"Yes, but Luna, it's lost. For centuries now.. there isn't a person alive today who's seen it." Cho replied.

"Excuse me, can someone tell me what a bloody diadem is."

"It's a sort of crown. You know, like a tiara." Cho told him.

Just then, Ginny barged in, panting heavily whilst she stared at Harry.

The tension between the two was really exciting to watch if you hadn't been too caught up on hesitating whether or not to tell Harry where the horcrux is.

"Snape knows."

With that, you shot your head up once more.

"This isn't good.." You whispered.

As everyone started lining up to head to the great hall, you followed, making sure you stood beside Harry as Ginny stood on his right.

"Harry." You whispered to him.

"Yes, (Y/n)?" He replied.

"It's in the Room of Hidden Things. Go talk to Helena." You finished.

"Excuse me?"

You didn't reply and kept walking forward, ignoring his questioning stares.

Soon, you all arrived at the hall..

-----

Snape walked between the houses students as he finally locked eyes with you.

You nodded lightly at him as he returned a surprised look.

He raised his eyebrow, as if asking you "are you sure".

You gave a strong, certain nod.

He raised his voice, requesting you join him.

You felt Harry hold you by your arm as you attempted to step out.

"I'm sorry, Harry.." You whispered, tugging his arm away as you stepped out.

Once you joined him, he gave you a slight pat on the shoulder and told you to go join the other present Death Eaters.

This was it. What everyone thought was to be your undercover villain arc.

You felt stares and glares all the way as you walked up front as Snape continued his speech about spotting Harry Potter.

You felt McGonagall shoot you a disappointing glace as you couldn't help but feel bad.

Snape eventually gave up looking as he returned, standing just slightly in front of you, as if protecting you.

The hall remained silent.

"-I'd like them to step forward.. now." He finished his sentence.

Yet, another long pause.

That's when you saw the boy step out from the crowd, looking into his onyx eyes, fearless.

Gasps echoed around the room and a lot of chattering.

"It seems.. despite your exhaustive defensive strategies, we still a little bit of a security problem, headmaster." Harry said firmly as the gates behind him opened, revealing the Order of the Phoenix. 

"How dare you stand where he stood. Tell them how it happened that night! Tell them how you looked him in the eye! A man who trusted you! And killed him!" He went on a rampage.

In the meantime, you locked eyes with the Weasley twins.

You saw their unreadable expression, the indescribable pain in their eyes watching you betray them just like that.

"You, (Y/n). You were there when it happened. You should know." He replied.

Snape immediately raised up his wand and aimed it at Harry, the students gasping and shifting aside.

'Well isn't that sweet.' You lightly giggled.

McGonagall stepped in front of Harry, aiming her wand back at Snape.

There was clear hesitation in his eyes as he shivered his hand, dropping the wand down but then holding it back up.

He didn't want to hurt anyone. It was called defending. 

You slyly took out your wand as well from behind Snape, keeping a reasonable distance.

The Order pulled out their wands as well, clearly scared for the risk.

McGonagall shot a spell at Snape, firing a spell at him as a gust of burning flames shot right at him as he dodged.

Students gasped once more, backing up even further as McGonagall stared into Snape's eyes.

You were still next to the Death Eaters, a far distance from Snape, but you could feel his heart pounding against his chest. Yours was too.

She sent more spells, one quicker than the other, as Snape kept backing up, dodging every single one but never firing back.

It was eventually too painful to watch as you stepped forward, aiming your wand and shielding Snape as he nearly got hit.

He turned to look at you as everyone else in the halls did as well.

You walked by his side and kept your wand aimed, though not wanting to hurt anyone.

"Geez, careful, old man." You spoke, glaring at Snape as you gave a smirk.

"Not the time for jokes, dear."

"Any time is the time for jokes." You reassured as McGonagall finally decided to fire another spell.

"Woah. Nice move, Professor." You smiled genuinely too. Though, you knew they would see it as offensive, like a taunt or something.

She sent another, then another, then another as you blocked every spell, backing up.

"Think I'm ready?" You asked Snape.

"I believe so. Go find Draco." Snape replied.

"One step ahead of you, dad. Love you!" You giggled in that high-pitched voice of yours, quickly running up to give him a hug which startled him and many other students.

"Love you too, (Y/n.)" He replied, wrapping an arm around you and giving you a tight squeeze with a hand still aimed at McGonagall.

"My cue to leave!" You laughed, somehow still goofing around at war.

Shifting into that black gust of smoke of yours, you heard Snape chuckle for one last time.

And with that, both of you barged out the Hogwarts castle through the window as you headed your separate ways..

- × - × - × - × - × - × - × -