Chapter 20 - Cuddle

"(Y/n)..? Is that you..?" Draco muffled under his breath, rubbing his eyes.

"I-I'm sorry for bothering you.. I-I was planning t-to leave I-"

Draco suddenly grabbed your wrist and pulled you into a hug.

"(Y/n) your voice is cracking, something's clearly wrong." He said.

"Look at me."

You slowly looked up, tears already dropping from your eyes.

"Princess, what happened? Is everything okay?" He asked, wiping off your tears with his thumb.

"I-.. I just.." You stuttered, suddenly bursting into a ball of emotions.

"Shhh.. it's okay." He said, burying your head into his chest.

You started crying relentlessly, gripping onto Draco.

"Come inside, yeah? It's cold."

Draco turned to head back in his room, only to be abrupt by you clinging onto him.

Your fear of losing the people around you was growing stronger by the second as you couldn't help but re-see Cedric's death before your eyes.

"(Y/n)..? Could you let me go..?" Draco asked, softly looking into your eyes.

You only clung onto him more.

Draco gave a sigh and picked you up in a bridal carry.

"If my back breaks tomorrow, just so you know, I'm blaming it on you." He said, although making sure you knew it was a light-hearted joke.

-----

Draco set you on his bed as you finally let go of him.

"Feeling better?" He asked, sitting next to you.

You nodded slightly, still curled up into a tight ball.

"What happened princess?"

You explained your nightmare to him as he listened to you, giving you pats once in a while.

"Hey don't worry, it's all a dream." He said, running his fingers between your (h/c) hair.

"I-Is it though..?"

"Well you'll have to ask Potter."

You stayed silent, still stuck in your thoughts.

"Hey.. I know it's been hard, and there's not much I can do. But if you need anything, just let me know." Draco said, covering you in his blanket.

"Get some rest, yeah?" He said, turning to the door.

You realized he wanted to leave, and quickly grabbed his wrist.

He looked back at you.

"Draco please.. don't go.." You whimpered as another lightning struck outside.

He looked at you flustered, but quickly gave a smile.

He went to the other side of the bed and laid down next to you.

"Now, rest princess." He said, putting his arm over your body, pulling you into a tight hug.

You stopped clenching yourself and relaxed, slowly closing your eyes and drifting back to sleep with the warmth of Draco.

-----

You slowly opened your eyes and yawned.

Looking around, you realized you were no longer in your own room.

Suddenly remembering the encounter with Draco last night, you turned to look beside you.

"Morning princess."

You were in the same bed, next to Draco Malfoy.

"G-Good morning.." You said, getting up.

"Are you feeling better?" Draco asked you.

"Yeah.. thanks." You smiled, slowly heading towards the door.

You stopped mid-way at a halt.

"About last night.. thank you."

"It's no problem." He replied with a soft, yet deep morning voice.

You heard his footsteps getting louder and closer.

"You left something."

"Huh?" You questioned, turning your head back.

He suddenly placed a jacket on you, wrapping you around in warmth and cotton.

'This scent..' You thought to yourself, shutting your eyes to recall where you know it from.

"Cedric's jacket..?" You asked, slowly opening your now teary eyes.

"You need to stop forgetting it everywhere." He said, hugging you from the back.

"Thank you." You replied, clenching onto it tightly.

"Breakfast, princess?" Draco asked you, giving a slight bow and holding out his hand.

"Let's."

- × - × - × - × - × - × - × -

A/N :
I apologize if this chapter is shorter than my normal ones.

I usually write around 700-800 words, but I'm out of ideas now(might take requests from now on)

What word count per chapter do you think would still make you guys motivated to read?

Thank you again for all the support recently, it's really giving me motivation to continue! <3

The whole reason I started this fanfic was because I had an alternate ending for the book after I watched Harry Potter.

If I eventually end up running out of ideas, would you guys still like me to post my two endings?

Again tho, thank you so much!!

xoxo,
Yoshi out - <3