Chapter 51 - Evil?

Turning your attention to the Death Eaters once more, you saw them start to step on the bridge, charging towards Neville.

"Oh geez. My cue to go."

-----

As you leaped forward, you quickly shifted and flew from the roof, making your way to the bridge, which was now crumbling beneath Neville's feet.

The bridge tumbled as Neville finally missed his step by a bit, falling as the floor beneath him collapsed.

You quickly swooped in, bringing him back up. Landing on the edge of the bridge, you turned to spot the boy beside you sitting as he panted heavily.

The students behind gasped.

"See you, suckers." You taunted in a whispering tone as you watched the Death Eaters miserably fall to the ground below.

"(Y/n).." You turned your head, locking eyes with Ginny, who now had her wand halfway up, aiming at you with clear hesitation.

"Hey, Gin."

Your gaze shifted towards her wand as she subtly backed away.

"It's okay, I get you don't trust me."

"Why we would? You lied to us with all the 'I'm not on my dad's side' bullcrap." One of the students hissed.

Once again, irony hit. It hit hard.

"Fair enough." You hummed, shrugging lightly as you put away your wand.

The students flinched, all backing up behind Ginny at your simple movement.

"Alright! Geez! I'll go."

"I think you should.." Neville muttered. "Thank you, by the way."

You smiled and nodded him a goodbye, shifting and flying away.

-----

You returned to the rooftop, watching everything happen below.

Sometimes you wondered why you didn't go help. They were your friends after all.

But to be fair, this was the best for you and everyone else. The last thing you needed right now would be death. Because you held the secret. The secret to ending this war.

Of course, after a while, you had gotten tired of not helping and nearly went to help Draco in the Room of Requirements. But seeing Harry was there to help, you decided to let things flow on.

You saw Draco leave safe and sound as you gave a sigh of relief.

That's when shit started to get real.

Hogwarts was an absolute mess.

(I'm sure I don't need to elaborate, we've all seen the movies and read the books. It was crazy man.)

A while passed with you just staying on the roof, you didn't know what to do.

By the time you finally realized..

It was far too late.

You rushed down, mounting yourself just behind the golden trio.

And there he was.

Fred f*cking Weasley.

And there he was,

F*cking dead.

-----

"I.. I could've saved him.." You muttered under a cracking voice.

Truth be told, you were devastated.

"Way to go, (Y/n).."

You saw George kneeling beside him as the Weasley parents attempted to comfort everyone.

"God damn.. Fred.. how's this trio going to last without you.."

Just then, George lifted his head up from beside Fred and his eyes locked with yours.

He opened his mouth as you gulped in response, not knowing what to do.

"You f*cking snake. I should've known you were on their side." He hissed, making all the Weasleys and the golden trio turn to look at you.

Finally, aware of your presence, Ron gave you a death stare.

"You.. your kind did this to him!" Ron yelled, completely losing control.

Of course, you being the one you were, you didn't pay attention. You were staring right at the unconscious, dead body of Fred.

"Ron. Wait." Ginny started.

Everyone turned the attention to her as she stared at you this time.

"(Y/n).. you really do confuse me."

"Agreed." Harry chimed in.

"Huh?" You questioned.

"A moment you're on our side, a moment you're not. Then, the next moment, you save Neville."

"And you helped me find one of the horcruxes."

"You destroyed it, Harry?"

"Yeah." He replied. "What is going on in your brain right now."

'A lot.' You sighed. "You don't want to know."

"I'm still unsure whether to trust you or not.. but I won't deny you at least still have a heart." Ginny said.

You stared at her in awe, awestruck and out of words to express the emotions boiling up inside of you at that very moment.

"I.. thank you. It means a lot, Gin." You replied.

You shifted your gaze towards Harry as the two of you locked eyes once more.

He walked up to you as he leaned in close.

"Uh.. Harry?"

"Don't get any wrong ideas. I just need to know."

"Know what?"

"How did you know. How did you know where the diadem was." He whispered.

"Uh.. lucky guess?"

"Right.."

Before he could go on, he suddenly flinched as he knelt down to the ground.

"Harry?!" You gasped, kneeling next to him as the golden trio also rushed up.

He started to breathe faster and faster, sweat starting to form from his forehead.

"Harry, what's wrong?" Hermione asked calmly.

"I.. I.." He stuttered, giving Hermione a shaking stare.

Hermione shot you a glance.

"We have to go. If you really still are on our side.. please protect Hogwarts for us."

"Will do." You replied, shifting once more as you flew away.

- × - × - × - × - × - × - × -