Chapter 47 - A Bad Dad

The next day, you couldn't focus on any of your classes. All that mattered to you was going to find Snape after school.

Of course, you didn't have your wand during classes, causing you not to be able to do any work.

Eventually, classes ended, and you stormed up to Snape's office angrily.

You gave an aggressive knock, ignoring the consequences until you finally heard the raspy voice of an unhappy Snape.

"Who is it." He yelled emotionlessly, as if you were interrupting him from doing more important stuff.

You remained silent, glaring up at the door, waiting for the man to open it and reveal himself to you.

"I swear, you kids these da-" He stopped, staring right into your eyes, eyebrows furrowing.

"Nice to see you too, Professor." You forced a fake smile.

"(Y/n).. how.. I.." He stuttered through his words, a mix of emotions dwelling inside of him.

"Don't ask. I'm only here to get my wand back." Crossing your arms together, you leaned against the doorway as if waiting for him to retrieve your wand.

He was still speechless, standing there by the doorway.

"Wand. Now." You demanded, holding out a hand.

"Right.. sorry.. uhm.. come in." He said, turning to head inside.

"I'll come get my wand later then."

"No, wait! (Y/n)!" Snape called after you, tugging your arm lightly as you attempted to turn around.

You flinched a little, seeing he grabbed your wound.

"Tss!" You hissed lightly.

Snape immediately let go in fear as you cupped your wound with your other hand.

"Are you hurt?" He asked, feeling guilty.

"No. I'm fine." You replied coldly, letting go of yourself.

"Show me."

"I'm fine." But before you could leave to avoid suspicion, Snape grabbed your hand and lifted your sleeve.

"(Y/n).. what happened.." He muttered, lightly starting to tear up, though quickly hiding it.

"Was in the forbidden forest with no wand to protect me. I wonder who's fault that is." You muttered.

"(Y/n).. I'm so sorry.. please, come in.. I'll heal you after getting your wand." He replied, turning to head inside and opening the door for you like when gentlemen help girls open the car door.

You didn't reply, still angry at him, but you stepped inside and sat on the couch.

-----

"All fixed, and here's your wand." Snape said, handing you your wand.

"Thank you." You whispered softly, holding your wand in your hand.

"How's your arm?"

"Better." You replied, pulling down the sleeve. "I'll be taking my leave-"

"Wait! (Y/n).." Snape called after you as you attempted to get off the couch.

"Please, it's (L/n) to you." You replied.

You were still beyond mad, but understood he was doing this to protect you. You couldn't really expect much from Severus Snape, could you?

The cold-hearted person every knows of. The cranky old potions master who has never loved until you came along. Hell, without having you as his daughter, he might not have ever experienced love in his life ever since Lily's passing.

He wasn't good at showing emotions or expressing himself, but you knew he had a kind heart and good motives even if he decided to risk your life. And honestly.. it might not have been a bad thing.

You had to die soon anyway..

You gave a long sigh, staring into his onyx eyes. 

"Sorry, anger issues." You shook your head lightly, giving him a smile. "Got any hot chocolate?"

"Always." Snape muttered, finally returning you a soft smile.

"Thank you, dad."

"Although I do have to warn you, I'm not as good as making them as you." Snape chuckled.

"Still searching for the secret ingredient?" You giggled, giving him a smirk as Snape turned to get you a mug.

"As always." He teased back.

He handed over the mug, and you took a sip.

"Ew." You said plainly.

"It's not that bad, (Y/n)!" Snape retorted.

"It very much is."

"Screw you."

"Love you too." You replied, giggling at the fact you just used his own line against him. (Chapter 32)

-----

You finished the final slurp of hot chocolate, returning the mug to Snape.

"So.. you know I love you, right dad?"

"Get to the point, (Y/n)."  He chuckled.

"Alright, fine. You said you were doing this to protect me.. is Hogwarts in trouble?"

Snape gulped.

"Why were you created to be this smart."

"Father's problem, not mine." You shrugged.

"You'll.. know soon. Though, I do have to warn you. You need to be ready for battle. Your father has given you permission to expose yourself at any time as long as it keeps you alive.." He trailed off, suddenly realizing he might've said the wrong thing and hurt you.

"On a normal basis, I'd say,'Aw, how sweet, he cares for me.' But seeing the situation I'm in right now, damn his selfish mind."

Snape gave a light chuckle.

"Just stay safe, alright?"

"Will do. You better stay alive as well." You murmured, bringing your dad into a tight embrace.

- × - × - × - × - × - × - × -