Chapter 14 - Second Task

A/N : Since this is a fanfic, for the plot of the story, the Yule Ball will he held after the second task.

- × - × - × - × - × - × - × -

The first task had already finished, Cedric and Harry both successfully got the egg and was moving on to the second task.

You were in the Hufflepuff's common room, lying on the couch, next to Cedric.

"Have you figured out the next task yet Cedric?" You asked, eyes closed and resting your head on his shoulder.

"Not yet. But don't worry I will soon." He said, slowly stroking your hair.

The two of you lay close as silence fell upon the two of you.

"Hey darling?" Cedric suddenly asked, causing you to get up from his shoulder.

You gazed at him, staying silent.

"Will you go to the Yule Ball with me?" He asked, biting his lip and flushing into a tint of pink.

You leaped into his arms and hugged him tightly.

"I've been waiting to hear that." You spoke softly.

"That's a yes?"

You chuckled, "Yes, Cedric. Yes."

-----

Ron gave a sigh and leaned back on his chair.

"Ron, you're never going to pass if you keep acting like this." You said, putting down your book.

"He's always like this (Y/n), leave him be." Hermione said, giving a sigh.

The three of you were in the library studying.

"Could we take a break?" Ron groaned, clearly not motivated.

"Fine." Hermione said, finally placing her book on the table.

"(Y/n), has Cedric asked you to the Ball yet?" She turned to you and asked.

"Yeah." You smiled.

"Ooooo~ congratulations!" She teased.

"Oi (Y/n), got a date eh?" You turned your head and stared, lifting your eyebrow.

"Does that concern you Malfoy?" You asked, now crossing your arms.

"What if I told you it does?" He leaned in closer, your lips nearly touching his.

You felt yourself heat up and pushed him away.

"Personal space mister." You said.

Draco smirked at you, finally deciding to leave you alone.

"What was that about mate?" Ron asked, gazing at you.

"I'm not sure.." You said, still processing everything.

Suddenly, you were interrupted by Professor McGonagall. She led the three of you to a room and everything suddenly went dark.

-----

When you awoke, you were shivering, wet and cold. You forcefully opened your eyes, lost.

You lifted your head slightly and saw a blurry figure of Cedric.

"C-Cedric..?" You mumbled.

"Everything's okay now (Y/n)." He reassured, taking you to shore.

People helped you up, then Cedric got out the water.

You felt weak, lying on the floor still shaking from the cold of the water.

You looked around for Cedric only to see him being surrounded by a bunch of his fan girls.

You lifted your weak little body up, only to fall back down again.

"Hey. You good?"

A towel was wrapped over your body, giving you the warmth you needed.

"Y-Yeah.. thanks." You said, still fixing your vision.

You gently rubbed your eyes and looked behind you.

Shocked, you glanced at the boy kneeling down, who was now next to you.

"It's been a while."

"It has." He said.

"Thank you.. for the towel."

"Psh, as if I care about you." He rolled his eyes, then gave you a smile.

"Is that sarcasm-?" You asked, giving a chuckle.

"Up to you (Y/n), up to you." He jokingly said.

You turned in Cedric's direction, who was still celebrating with his mates and fangirls.

"What a scum."

You turned to look at the boy next to you.

"Pardon me?"

"He's a scum for not taking care of you."

"He saved me from the lake."

"Yeah cause it was part of his task!" He scoffed, impatient with you.

"He just won, let him have his moment."

"You're not seriously fine with this, are you?" He asked.

You didn't answer.

"(Y/n) he just saved you from the Hogwart's lake but left you on your own after he won. You've been stuck down there for who knows how long! You could've died!" He said, fed up with you defending Cedric.

"That's enough! I don't care about your opinion or you." You said out of rage, not even processing the words before they slipped out your mouth.

He stared at you, too stunned to speak. His eyes flickered a bit.

"Draco I-"

"Save it." He said, grabbing the towel from you and leaving.

"Draco wait.."

- × - × - × - × - × - × - × -