Chapter 39 - Family Fight

"(Y/n).. wait here. I'm going to catch up to them." He said, helping you steady your footsteps.

He started pacing towards the exit.

"Harry, wait!"

He stopped and turned his head to look back at you.

"I'm coming with you."

-----

You followed Harry as the two of you rushed through the forest.

"Weeeeeeeeee!"

The distant squeal of Belltrix could be heard from a mile away.

You finally caught up with Harry as you panted heavily.

"Slow down.. H-Harry.." (Dammit. This was not intended.)

"(Y/n). Look." He said, staring at the Death Eaters.

You looked down the little hill the two of you were standing on top of.

Death Eaters. And a burning Hagrid's house.

You saw Bellatrix spinning in happy circles, giggling in her high-pitched screeching voice.

You also saw a ferret and a snake.

Draco Malfoy and Severus Snape.

"Betrayal." You muttered under your breath, knowing it was only said out of spite for Harry to trust you.

If he found out you were a Riddle, things would be much different none the less.

"SNAPE! HE TRUSTED YOU!" Harry said, suddenly rushing forward.

He started firing random spells at Snape as you watched from above the little hill.

"Go on." Snape yelled at the other Death Eaters. You saw Draco back away.

He simply took out his wand and dodged every spell Harry sent.

"FIGHT BACK! YOU COWARD, FIGHT BACK!"

You silently face palmed at his ignorance and stupidity.

'Yeah, ain't no way you're going to win if you actually start a fight.' You slowly started walking down the hill to assist the hopeless boy.

"No. He belongs to the Dark Lord."

Snape watched the boy as he lay on the ground and finally started to turn away.

You were still halfway from reaching them, but you knew for a fact it was too dark for any of them to see you.

Harry slowly got back up as you saw him aim his wand at Snape once more.

"Sectumsempra!" He yelled, still catching his breath.

Snape dodged it as Harry was sent flying backward.

'Damn. Only I'm allowed to use that spell against him.' You smiled lightly at Snape.

"You dare use my own spells against me, Potter?" Snape muttered, watching the boy whine in pain on the ground.

"Yes.. I'm the half-blood prince." He then turned away.

You watched him take his leave as you finally knelt beside Harry.

You quickly muttered the counterspell under your breath and helped Harry up.

"Harry.. Hogwarts." You said, staring off into the sky.

He turned in your direction as you both watched the dark thunder clouds and what seemed to be a face of Voldemort approaching..

"Go back first, I still need to have one final talk with him. I'll be back." And with that, you ran off into the woods to catch up to them.

-----

"Severus Snape!" You yelled, seeing the backs of the ascending Death Eaters.

He froze.

You watched the others turn their heads back to look at you.

"(Y/n)..?" Draco muttered, his eyes wide open as he watched you walk closer and eventually stood behind Snape.

"Not now, Draco."

"My, my. Who might you be, little one? So brave of you to follow us into the depths of these woods. Do you know who we are?" Bellatrix said, walking closer to you and kneeling down lightly.

"Do you know who I am?" You shot her a questioning glare.

"Does it matter?" She replied with sarcasm.

"(Y/n). Enough." Snape finally said.

"Finally decided to speak up, coward?" You shoved Bellatrix aside.

Snape finally turned to face you.

"(Y/n), silence."

You glared at him.

Tears started escaping your eyes as you forced a laugh.

"Who are you to tell me what to do? You're not my father."

You purposely used the word 'father' instead of 'dad'. The agony hit Snape.

"You.."

"(Y/n)! That's your dad you're talking to!" Draco yelled through gritted teeth.

"No. He no longer is." You replied, faking a smile as you watched the horror spread on Snape's face.

"Severus, this little one is your daughter?" Bellatrix asked with the most offending tone you've ever heard.

"Yes-"

"Correction, I was. I'm going back to pack up for the holidays. I'm moving out." You told Snape.

"(Y/n)-"

"I shouldn't have trusted you."

With that, you turned around and walked off.

"(Y/n)!" Draco yelled after you.

"Leave her be, Draco." Snape lightly replied as you finally lost sight of them.

'This better all be an act, dad.'

- × - × - × - × - × - × - × -