Chapter 30 - Cheater

After school, you headed towards his common room, running into Pansy at the entrance.

"Hello, (Y/n)!" She greeted, not seeming to mind you're a Snape.

"Hi, Pansy. Do you know where Draco is?"

She was about to open her mouth, though started staring uncomfortably past you, causing you to turn your head and look back.

Right before your very own eyes, two blondes. A boy and a girl. His hand wrapped tightly around her, placing his hand on her shoulder. Her, leaning in for a kiss, the boy smirking but dodges her in a teasing manner.

His gaze shifted around, finally landing on you.

His cold gaze widened, a flare returning to him. Eyebrows furrying, he turned his head and avoided your stare, switching focus back on the girl next to him.

'Zoey Cassidy..?' Tears being brought to your eyes. (Chapter 6)

An uneased expression, mixed with tears, despair, and betrayal. An unbelievable sight for you to see, every drop of tear feeling like burning acid, sinking into you your skin, the blistering heat from your own anger, taking away the pain. Each breath you took, the faster you felt like you would lose it.

It was you. Just you and a broken heart.

You didn't even bother to walk up, tensing up at the moment, gritting your teeth.

"Thank you, Pansy. See you next time."

"(Y/n)! Wait!"

-----

During lunch, you carried a blank stare on your face, avoiding and ignoring everyone, making your friends quite concenred

"(Y/n), are you okay?" Hermiones asked.

You nodded lightly, staring down onto your empty plate.

"You can talk to us, you know. We're friends!"

"Oh, are we, now?" Your voice full of sarcasm.

Hermione bit her lower lip, looking at Harry.

"We've thought about it. And we realize not to judge you as a person based on your family." He said.

Finally, your stone cold heart was once again surrounded by warmth.

Breaking down into tears, you finally started spilling.

"I told you he was no good!" Hermione yelled, wrapping an arm around you.

"Death Eaters are never good." Harry chimed in.

"W-What..?"

"Harry!" Hermione snapped.

"She deserves to know!"

While the two were fighting, your gaze shifted, landing on the quiet Weasley who hadn't uttered a word.

"Ron, what's wrong?"

"Nothing.. tryouts.."

"Oh.. you nervous?"

"A little."

"(Y/n)! Back me up here!" Harry suddenly called out.

"Pardon?"

"You dated Malfoy. You should understand him most. Is he a Death Eater?"

A pounding in your chest. You gulped.

"No."

"See, Harry? You're overreacting." Hermione protested.

'Yeah.. totally..' You forced a smile.

-----

You left after you finished your lunch.

Quite happy now, you had a genuine smile across your face. An actual positive emotion to be seen on your face.

You turned the corner and stopped in your tracks. The smile slowly but surely slipping away from you into a cold, blank, unreadable expression.

He was taking a bright light and slowly consuming it.

On his left, clinging ever so tightly to his arm, Zoey.

In a glimpse of an eye, Zoey saw you, smirked, and walked up.

"Zoey- Let's not-" You heard Draco say, thought too focused on the blonde who was marching up front.

"Poor '(L/n)', I guess you still lost in the end." She mocked.

"Have him for all I care. Just know if he could cheat on me for you; he could definitely cheat on you for someone else." You blurted out, leaving the two speechless.

You made your way up to the blonde boy, his face a few inches away from yours as she gulped.

"Have fun, we're over." You whispered, leaving the boy with a horrified expression, though he wasn't showing it.

"Traitor." You added, planting your hand over his face in full force, a sharp pain.

"Draco-Bear! Did she just slap you?!" Zoey exclaimed from afar.

You imagined Zoey clinging onto him, cupping his face in her hands, carassing the slap mark on his cheek and secretly cursing you under her breath.

You imagined Draco staring blankly at you, no expression on your face.

But you weren't sure.

You weren't sure if he was doing this for you.

To protect you.

- × - × - × - × - × - × - × -

A/N :
FINALLY! DRACO x Y/N ANGST!
I've been waiting so long for this.
You don't understand.
It doesn't last too long though-
So if you're sad about it don't worry :')

Anywho, tysm for all the support lately!!!
I feel motivated as ever to continue.

Again, thank you!

-xoxo, Yoshi out <3