Chapter 6 - Jealousy

"I see you've found a boyfriend already (L/n)" a voice came from behind you two.

'God damn it..' You thought to yourself. You knew exactly who it was.

"Malfoy I'm not in the mood for your bs." You said, rolling your eyes.

You pulled Cedric away from Draco. He placed his hands on your hips slowly, making sure not to frighten you. You placed your hands on his shoulders and the both of you slowly swayed along to the beat.

He spun you around and you were giggling. He laughed at the sight of your smile as you got back down on your feet.

Draco was staring far away, anger filling his eyes with a roar of fire.

-----

"Draco~ let's dance together~" You heard the sharp voice of a girl. You looked around to see a blonde girl hugging Draco.

Your heart ached a little.

"You alright (Y/n)?" Cedric asked, looking down at you.

Your heart stopped aching as you looked Cedric in the eyes.

You blushed and continued dancing with him.

"If you're tired, we could go sit down." He offered.

You nodded and he let go of your waist.

"Ew, get off of me!" You heard Draco yell in disgust.

You turned over and saw Draco shoving off the girl from earlier who was now clinging onto him.

Draco looked in your direction and saw you staring.

"I-I mean.. let's go dance." He said, holding the girl by her hand.

He looked at you again and gave a slight smirk.

'What was that about' you thought to yourself, focusing back on Cedric who was sitting down next to you.

You slowly leaned your head on his shoulder and closed your eyes. You were tired.

Cedric jumped a little, then put his arm around you.

"Hey.. (Y/n)?" He asked you.

"Hm?" You hummed, slowly opening your eyes to see Draco grunting at you from far away.

"..." Cedric went silent.

"What's up with you and Malfoy?" He asked.

"That's not what you wanted to tell me." You reassured, relaxing your eyes.

"Smart one much?" He joked.

"Why thank you Mr. Diggory." You smiled back, still resting on his shoulder.

"So what's up with you and Malfoy?" He asked again.

"He's annoying."

"Am I?"

"Not at all."

Silence fell between the two of you. You could hear people around you laughing and the music brushing against your ears.

"(Y/n)." Cedric suddenly broke the silence.

You opened your eyes feeling well rested and slowly got off of him.

"Malfoy's coming this way with Zoey." He said, hinting at the two.

You turned to their direction and saw the blonde girl hugging Draco as he stumbled towards you.

His cheeks and ears were flushing in a bright red colour and he was walking left and right.

"Draco~ where are we going~" The girl asked.

"(Y-Y/n).. *hick*" Draco said, voice going up and down.

"H-How's *hick* your new boyfriend?"

You looked at Cedric and he looked at you, you both blushed a bit.

"Diggory, you're with her?" The blonde girl asked.

"No, we aren't. We're just friends, Zoey." He said.

"You two know each other?" You asked Cedric.

"She's Hufflepuff as well. Zoey, this is (Y/n) (L/n). (Y/n), Zoey Cassidy." He said, introducing you two to each other.

"Pleasure." You said bluntly.

You took a slight glance at Draco. He looked drunk. No, he was drunk.

"How much did he drink?" You asked Zoey.

She raised an eyebrow, "Why do you care?"

"I don't." You said scoffing.

Cedric put his hand on your neck, stroking it down to your back.

"Calm down (Y/n)." He said calmly.

You smiled at him and softened your face.

"Ewwww! Go get a *hick* room b*tch-" Draco said, still stumbling over.

You suddenly got mad. Draco had just called you a b*tch, how couldn't you? You stood up and wanted to punch him in the face.

"(Y/n), he's drunk. Maybe you should take him back to his common room." Cedric held you by your wrist, stopping you.

You and Zoey both rolled your eyes.

"Why her?!"

"Why me?!" You two said together.

"Zoey could walk Malfoy, and I'll walk you back, (Y/n)?" He gestured.

"I'll be fine." You said.

"Well here.. take my jacket. It's cold." Cedric took off his jacket and put it around your shoulders.

You smiled at him and hugged it tightly.

"Zoey! Come on we need your help!" Suddenly, someone was calling for her. She gave a small scowl and let go of Draco.

"Here, you can have him." She said, rolling her eyes.

You managed to catch Draco who was falling towards you just in time.

"H-Hi *hick* beautiful.." Draco said, giggling and looking up at you whilst collapsed in your arms.

- × - × - × - × - × - × - × -

A/N : Votes are appreciated and keep me motivated!

P.s. Further explanation :

Cedric was trying to ask (Y/n) out but decided it wasn't a good idea to rush things, hence not responding.